NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
****. Tears listening to that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think at the end of the interview he still hankers for a move back north but hopefully Hughton can persuade him otherwise
I get that impression. He wants to go back home(north)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He sounded a really nice bloke. It sounds like his family nearly split up over the way some of our do called fans treated hm.
Some people skyways gave someone to hate. I wonder if Agustien is really a great player?

Didn't hear any reference to the fans atall? Only positives?! He said Hyypia made him feel unwanted..?

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
We forget that these people are human beings with family's sometimes. After listening to his interview I feel a bit of a wanker for having a go at him.... Whether he is good enough or not he at least deserves a chance..

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really interesting interview. I remember when he was signed a Barnsley supporter came on here and said something like "he's a great bloke but you will need to look after him". It sounds to me as though he still really wants to go back to Yorkshire for his family. CH is going to have to decide to be really positive with him if he wants to keep him. We need people like him with a good attitude. Fans need to really get behind him in the next couple of games. When we played Barnsley last April I remember their very vocal supporters giving him great support.

Personally I think CMS is another confidence player who might yet improve under better management. However in that case it's getting late in the day now and CH may decide to cut his losses.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
excellent after match interview ...
hope he finds the right solution for himself and his kids
and that that goal at Brentford
was the first of many
time will tell but you have got to want him to do well

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
What a top bloke - yep, realise that there was an ironic aspect to our O'Grady chants yesterday but reckon if he continues to get that level of vocal support from the fans (and feels wanted by Hughton) we could end up getting that regular goal-scorer we've been crying out for...go Chris!!! :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very impressed with the interview. Very honest!

The rise of O'Grady in the last couple of matches again shows how poor Hyypia was. There were times Baldock was played through the middle and O'Grady wide when Hyypia was manager. Ridiculous tactics when he's a target man.

Suddenly with a bit of confidence from his loan spell and being played in the right position, O'Grady very much looks the part. I would definitely start him next week although I think the criticism of CMS is harsh as we didn't play to his strengths and he was completely isolated for much of the match.

Anyone saying he's not good enough for the Championship is solely basing it on his previous spell earlier in the season. He got 15 goals in a poor Barnsley team last season, impressed at Sheffield United on loan and has been superb in the last couple of games for us. The test is now can he do it from the start. Hopefully we'll get the chance to see at Charlton and he'll prove he can do it from the start!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an honest and refreshing interview - that's not from the media trained monotone crap that normally gets spouted after every match these days! Hope he gets some more game time and the continued support from the fans at the next home game. Could turn out to be a really good player given the right coaching and tactics, I think Baldock just playing off him could be an awesome partnership.

Baldock was very quiet for 65 minutes yesterday, spending a lot of time helping the defence, and then suddenly looked dangerous after O'Grady came on. It was his good work in the corner that set up the chance O'Grady hit the post with. Similarly, March improved a lot after the substitutions and almost scored before setting up the first goal.

The addition of more height with Halford and O'Grady changed the game and we started to compete with them. That brought our more creative players into the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think at the end of the interview he still hankers for a move back north but hopefully Hughton can persuade him otherwise
All Hughton has to do is tell him he's staying, O'Grady's already said he's professional and will try wherever he is. Not that I'm suggesting Hughton doesn't also try and give him confidence etc, but he doesn't need persuading to stay.

Just shows you what a SHITHOUSE manager Semi was the clueless c\\8nt
Reading between the lines Semi is a clueless C*nt with f*ck all man management skills or grasp of tactics.
Hope COG stays.
We'll have to wait and see if Sami continues his career in football management to see how clued up or clueless he is, but regardless, it is fair to say that some players don't fit into some systems.

Many on NSC judged O'Grady to be not good enough for Brighton. After 2 decent cameos, many have now decided he is good enough, and it must have been Sami's fault. I find it odd that people change their minds so quickly when he already had several seasons of professional football for us to judge him on.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

Just listened to the seagulls player interview with him.

Appears to be a really genuine guy - who (it sounds) was treated poorly, and dumped on the side, not knowing where he fit's in.

Has performed well - big, strong, shielded the ball well, and has changed games in which we have yielded a result. Deserved his goal v Brentford after his recent displays - really appears he wants to do well, and likes to be wanted, maybe unlike some players.

I do hope with Chris H on board, and committment shown to Chris O, that he is wanted by the club, and that he figures in our plans, that he becomes part of a successful side.

Fingers crossed from me that he does not go back to Shef U. With the change of Manager, knowing how he fits within the side, and he his wanted - may just be that little bit to turn around his issues with location/and his home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a sanctimonious prick. Oh well, here goes :D
We forget that these people are human beings with family's sometimes. After listening to his interview I feel a bit of a wanker for having a go at him.... Whether he is good enough or not he at least deserves a chance..
A Brighton player would have to really go some for me to not support them (which I think applies to most fans at the Amex). Football's not easy - players end up in positions that don't suit them, in a team with a style and formation that doesn't suit them, sometimes trying to recover from niggling injuries etc, and none of that is their fault. Unless a player is blatantly not interested in making an effort for our club, then they have my support. Even if they're a bit shit, it's not their fault the manager picks them.

In summary, I don't forget they're human beings, which means I'm great and deserve a medal :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here