Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris McPhee

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I know it has been debated on here b4, but now he has gone out on loan and his contract is up at the end of the season...... Is this the end of his Brighton career ?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i'd say so. he hasn't done the job so we are better off offloading him and freeing up the wages for someone else

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I guess so. Maybe if he does well and we go down he will get a new deal.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No, there's no way McPhee would be loaned out if Mcghee thought he a) had a part of play this for the remainder of the season and b) if he had a future with the Albion. It's good for McPhee as it gives him a chance to earn a new deal with Swindon. The clear out has started.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
he's got the opportunity to impress in League 1 - If he does well, then surely McGhee will keep him for next year (assuming we go down).

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If he goes to Swindon and they stay up you can guarantee it that he will score the winner against us next year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
he's got the opportunity to impress in League 1 - If he does well, then surely McGhee will keep him for next year (assuming we go down).

I believe this is MM giving him his last chance to gain a new contract. If he gets the goals it would surely be good to have him back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
shaolinpunk said:
i'd say so. he hasn't done the job so we are better off offloading him and freeing up the wages for someone else

The only bit of the above that's gonna happen is the freeing up of wages.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think he would also like to go somewhere else if it meant getting regular first team football.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
brightonfan_86 said:
I think that is the end of Mcphee, just clearly not up to this standard.
So just how many times have you seen him play a full 90 at this level to judge him?

MMMM thought not. Are ypu ever going to get an opinion of your own instead of just jumping on the bandwagon?

I think it will be the end of him especially with MM hoping to get GNW on a perm deal if he impresses during his loan period.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
B.M.F said:
So just how many times have you seen him play a full 90 at this level to judge him?

MMMM thought not. Are ypu ever going to get an opinion of your own instead of just jumping on the bandwagon?

I think it will be the end of him especially with MM hoping to get GNW on a perm deal if he impresses during his loan period.

I've seen enough of him for me to judge, his first touch is like a rapist, he clearly can't shoot, his heading is terrible.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
brightonfan_86 said:
I've seen enough of him for me to judge, his first touch is like a rapist, he clearly can't shoot, his heading is terrible.

His touch isn't that bad, he clearly can shoot and his heading is good. If anything he lack confidence and support from our own fans.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Les Biehn said:
His touch isn't that bad, he clearly can shoot and his heading is good. If anything he lack confidence and support from our own fans.

For once I agree with you lezbo I still don't think he will retained though.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:

I don't know when it became fashionable to slag off McPhee, but I see a player who offers more than any other striker we have as a target man. As for not doing it at this level, aside from the facts that that applies to nearly all our squad and that he won't likely have to next year, do you recall the 2-2 with West Ham last season? He was excellent there, against defenders as good as Ferdinand and Ward, and looked well up to it.

If anything is going to hold him back, it's his consistency; if he can find a way to reproduce that form regularly, he'll be an excellent player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here