Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris McPhee

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Robinson does have potential, but at present his touch and finishing are crap.....

KinkyNormanBaker said:
Lee was at some point im sure

Never heard that before, but Piercy definitely was.

Didn't McPhee score about 12 in League 1? I thought he looked strong when he played this season, lets give him a chance when he is fit again before we consign him to the scrap heap. As someone has pointed out, his wages are not going to make or break us.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
How many goals has he actually scored for us? I can hardly remember any. He'll be at Eastbourne or Lewes in no time!

He's only played 8 starting apperances since we got into the Championship so to be fair he hasn't really been given much of a chance to prove himself.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
Never heard that before, but Piercy definitely was.

Didn't McPhee score about 12 in League 1? I thought he looked strong when he played this season, lets give him a chance when he is fit again before we consign him to the scrap heap. As someone has pointed out, his wages are not going to make or break us.

Might be wrong not for the first time, to be honest if Mcphee isnt good enough i very much doubt Robinson is as there game is much the same.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I qould like to see McPhee being given a chance. He is a strong, good in the air and has a decent touch. If he could get a few goals I think he would be the answer to our problems and from the Derby game looks like he could play with CKR.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Les Biehn said:
I qould like to see McPhee being given a chance. He is a strong, good in the air and has a decent touch. If he could get a few goals I think he would be the answer to our problems and from the Derby game looks like he could play with CKR.

Decent touch ?

When did that happen ? McPhee is let down by his first touch, you cant fault the lad on work ethic, but he will never be any better than conference standard at the very best.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
By decent touch I don't mean taking down 40yard passes but he does lay the ball off well enough.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Les Biehn said:
By decent touch I don't mean taking down 40yard passes but he does lay the ball off well enough.

Like many tall players getting ball to feet he has a tendancy to lean forward making it difficult to control the ball at your feet.

His last long run in the first team was blighted by having a poor first touch, I havent seen anything lately (admitedly I have only seen him once recently) to sugest it has changed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here we go again... McCammon looks like he is going, so let's slag off the next "target man" in line (unless that is Gatting, of course... can't be El Turi, surely!?)... anyway, he did very well in League 1, so calling him a conference player is an insult, IMHO... agree that he still has to prove himself at CCC level, but he has suffered a lot of injuries, so difficult to judge his potential at present...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think McPhee can hold the ball up but does not seem to be a natural enough striker to get into those goal scoring positions whereas Robinson can do that but due to his size he seems to bottle challenges which does not help

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Big G said:
The lad is a waste of wages and we should have off loaded him ages ago. An average conference striker at the most.

Couldn't hit the proverbial barn door when with Aldersh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here