Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris McPhee

Is McPhee good enough for the Championship?

• Yes

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
He is only ever going to be the second striker ... and for that role I think he is good enough. If he played a full season he would get ten goals

As a fan I like him cause hes an honest lad and you know he is always going to try his best for you - and when you have travelled sometimes 200 miles to watch a game thats what you want your players to do

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
But you only made three games last season. I'd say that bearing that in mind you're not really best placed to comment.
I have as much right as anyone and how many games you go to has nout to do with it.

Just makes me wonder where the money goes half the time,so there is my reason amongst other things.:smokin:
Match reports and on here is enough to see and state comments:drink:

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
berkshire seagull said:

I don't think it is because most people on here don't think he is any good

Forging opinions from other peoples opinions just makes no sense

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Sitting Room Only said:
I don't think it is because most people on here don't think he is any good

Forging opinions from other peoples opinions just makes no sense
You can make that aquisation,but im not blind as he certainly doesn't appear on the score sheet or do you see something i don't.

Strikers score goals not the odd good run in the box as most on here think thats enough to earn a 3 year contract mmmm.:drink: :drink:

berkshire seagull said:
I have as much right as anyone and how many games you go to has nout to do with it.

Just makes me wonder where the money goes half the time,so there is my reason amongst other things.:smokin:

im not blind as he certainly doesn't appear on the score sheet or do you see something i don't.

When it comes to passing judgement on players I think the amount of games you get to can have quite a lot to do with it. How else are you going to be able to create an informed opinion? According to you most people on here talk a load of bollocks (I'm loving the irony there, by the way).

Who mentioned money? I thought this thread was about the ability of Chris McPhee.

As for not appearing on the scoresheet, much of that will have been to do with him not even being on the pitch. Go back to the start of the season and he was on the scoresheet regularly. Had nine goals by October if I remember rightly.

I would prefer to see John Piercy play up front, that little bit more close control and skill, and a better finisher.

McPhee can't be written off but he's got it all to do this season if he's going to be part of Albion's future.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
When it comes to passing judgement on players I think the amount of games you get to can have quite a lot to do with it. How else are you going to be able to create an informed opinion? According to you most people on here talk a load of bollocks (I'm loving the irony there, by the way).

Who mentioned money? I thought this thread was about the ability of Chris McPhee.

As for not appearing on the scoresheet, much of that will have been to do with him not even being on the pitch. Go back to the start of the season and he was on the scoresheet regularly. Had nine goals by October if I remember rightly.
Yeah half them goals where in crappy cup games,so why did he suddenly stop scoring mmmmm?

Face it he isn't good enough and always gets dropped,so yet more money wasted by the club as per usual.:drink:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the cup goals mcphee scored though were in games against lower sides when we were at full strength - and he was the best player on the park in most of these games

why could leon not score against these teams in the ldv?

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Either way Mcghee was a striker so he must know what makes a good one and what doesn't

The fact that when he came in Mcphee hardly got a look in tells you that he is never going to be more than a bit part player - shame really

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How can we possibly tell? McPhee had a great preseason last year which moved him from a Marney type also ran into a real squad member. He's going to need to make the same progress this year, but at this stage who know's if he's got it in him.

I can't believe people are writing him off before the friendlies have even started.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trouble is with young lads they need an experienced player alongside them to help improve their game. With McPhee he has'nt got that, we need someone like Sheringham (for example) to help lead and show the young strikers what its all about playing up front.

I dont think McPhee is ready for DIV 1 either way, but I'm hoping he does well.

whip

Aug 14, 2003
Hassocks
I vote "not sure" . The guy obviously has talant but in an ideal world i would have him as sub and give him a chance if the game feels fit. Unfortunetly at the moment he is pretty much our only choice along with young Jake for the first 3 games. I for one really feel Mr Mcgee has to invest in a proven striker sooner rather than later. I heard West Broms "old" striker Bob Taylor was looking for a job i reckon we could do worse and i would expect he would be reletively cheap so we may stand a chance.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think I saw the majority of games he played and I would say he is a reserve striker to come on in the last 20 minutes at the very best. He is not a Divi 1 player.

If McGhee reconed he was any good, he would not have brought in Iwolumooooooooooo and stuck with McPhee and Knight.

Yoda

English & European
Sitting Room Only said:
He is only ever going to be the second striker ... and for that role I think he is good enough. If he played a full season he would get ten goals

He almost got that last season and only played half the games.

The times I saw him I thought he had a good first touch, just a bit lacking in decision making dept.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think he can do a job - he is still developing. he definently needs an experienced striker to learn from

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here