Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Mcphee

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
Sorry, not good enough.

tries to make good runs but not clever enough and always a yard off the pace. Big fat lumpy centre backs always get there b4 him.

And he hasnt exactly got an eye for goal.

Chris - u have had your chance - and a massive one - not good enough, bye.

queue flamers:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
He works hard and tries. But he is not the proven goalscorer or target man you need for promotion. Neither will he let you down. Useful player to have on the bench but not someone to rely on week in week out.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Bit harsh, but I find myself having to agree. Earlier in the season I thought he was going to be a real gem but he isn't improving as expected and after his last few performances he seems to be losing it.
Not doing much different to Henderson earlier in the season - running around a lot, causing a bit of trouble but never likely to score.
We can't just rely on Leon's goals and need an experienced centre forward

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What a load of crap! I thought it was totally out of order for McGhee to come out on the radio and slag off McPhee for his performance. Is this the way to bulid confidence in our youth? Ok McPhee may not have been having the best game of his career but he wasn't any worse than the rest of the team excluding Roberts! FFS Take a look at Rehman!!! How many time did he give the ball away! Watson was as bad! I'm sorry but you cannot blame our strikers for appaulling formation and team selection. Knight on the left wing???

He was saying on the radio that we need more presence up front. i.e. a big striker who can get on the end of the hoof football we're playing at the moment. At times Oatway, Rehman and yeates could have been holding hands there was so little width! Why are we playing with 3 centre midfielders? Don't give me injury as a reason. If you're a pro footballer and told to play on the right or left then you should be able to do that! Jesus!

What really got my goat was when we were playing like monkies in the second half. There was a stoppage in play for a head injury. What does McGhee do? Stand there with his hands in his pockets and totally mute! Errrr we were all over the place! How about give them some instruction mate to save my throat a bit!

and breathe....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mk_bha said:
Sorry, not good enough.

And he hasnt exactly got an eye for goal.

9 goals not good enough for you? Just what do you expect from a youngster who is learning all the time? ???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I do think we need a new bigger striker to partner Knight, however i would definitely rate McPhee to come from the bench if needed.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
sorry, absolute bollocks.

his holding up of the ball and knock ons this year has been first class.

he did have a crap game satdi but i think thats permissible considering the huge jump in his standard from last season to this.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Mcphee dosent cut it for me and never will do, he is a squad player at best and we definately need someone with more experience up there to partner leon.

He tries REALLY hard but not good enough for top half of division 2.

Also, Gareth tells me he saw him in the Event the night before until 2am, so it's not the attitude I expect from a division 2 striker.

Raphael Meade said:
sorry, absolute bollocks.

his holding up of the ball and knock ons this year has been first class.

he did have a crap game satdi but i think thats permissible considering the huge jump in his standard from last season to this.

Totally agree - my player of the season so far if you exclude Knight. He's not the best finisher but is 3 times the player Henderson was/is.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
If mcphee ends up player of the season we would of had a really disappointing year. I think he may get a couple more games then be a permanent fixture on the bench for the remainder. As said before a squad player at best, would struggle to shine in div3/conference.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
His style doesn't help him, he appears a little laidback at times who's concentration wavers from time to time. Major weakness in his game appears to be a lack of pace and speed in response to balls aimed at him.

Whatever his faults or areas for improvement, he remains the second best of what few striking options we have. An unfair responsibility in my oppinion and in an ideal world would make an ideal sub at this stage in his fledgling career

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Trouble is, because we have such a shite team at the moment, we tend to defend average players as being "class". (Yeates included)

IMHO Mcphee is and probably always will be a very average lower league/conference striker, but until we can replace him with someone better then we just have to accept it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BrightonBird said:
He tries REALLY hard but not good enough for top half of division 2.

Also, Gareth tells me he saw him in the Event the night before until 2am, so it's not the attitude I expect from a division 2 striker.

this team is not good enough for the top half of div 2 apart from knight and a couple of others

Totally disagree. McPhee has played really well this season. He did not have a good game on saturday, but other than Knight and Roberts I don't think he was alone in that. He has worked tirelessly for the team this year and managed to get a few goals into the bargain.

Whilst I would agree he is not of the highest standard yet, he has definitely improved since last year. And anyone who is making progress should be given encouragement, not slagged off the minute that some thing doesn't go right.

I think there has been a bot of overreaction to the way this season has gone. It looks like we might be in for a bit of boring mid table mediocrity this season, and whilst this does not thrill me to the core, it is part and parcel of the game. Sometimes football can be boring, dull and unrewarding, you can't win the league every year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here