Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Has signed for Charlton Athletic.

I always liked the guy a lot, and hope he has as much success there as he was having for Charlton. He really is one of the strikers that got away. We've spent a long time trying to get a big target man since he left.

Good luck Chris.

:clap:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Luke Varney from Crewe also gone to Charlton. Odds on Pardew taking them straight back up must be short

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a shame we couldn't come to some arrangement re: his housing request a few years back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Depends who they keep, I would suggest that means Bent is off.
However I dont think thet will get the £15 million they want for him.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Buzz said:
It's a shame we couldn't come to some arrangement re: his housing request a few years back.

Is that all it was, Buzz? 'Coz I don't want to belittle the bloke, but he seems to do a fair bit of moving about as a free agent. Doesn't seem to want to stay in one place too long in case something 'better' is available later.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Depends who they keep, I would suggest that means Bent is off.
However I dont think thet will get the £15 million they want for him.

Are both Bents at Charlton?

Iwelumo and Varney would appear to be a partnership, suggesting to me that Darren and Marcus Bent are on their way out - both would be on hefty money - and they have already released JF Hasselbaink.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Is that all it was, Buzz? 'Coz I don't want to belittle the bloke, but he seems to do a fair bit of moving about as a free agent. Doesn't seem to want to stay in one place too long in case something 'better' is available later.

That's not unusual is it?
He's been at Colchester for 2 years, so it's not like he moves every summer. I don't know whether he specified a 2 year contract rather than 3 years, but I doubt it. I;d have thought he'd have rather taken the security of a longer deal.

Now he's got a cracking season in The Championship behind him, I think most of us would look to cash-in by taking a bigger deal elsewhere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
Are both Bents at Charlton?

Iwelumo and Varney would appear to be a partnership, suggesting to me that Darren and Marcus Bent are on their way out - both would be on hefty money - and they have already released JF Hasselbaink.

Im think M.Bent would struggle to find a premiership club or a better Championship club.

I was thinking more of the midfield, If they Keep Ambroise(spl) Holland, Reid and Thomas they have a good chance to come back up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im think M.Bent would struggle to find a premiership club or a better Championship club.

I think you are probably right, but from Charlton's point of view I bet he's a salary they could do with off-loading to a club with far more money than sense ....... Leeds?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gritt23 said:
I think you are probably right, but from Charlton's point of view I bet he's a salary they could do with off-loading to a club with far more money than sense ....... Leeds?

Snigger :D

Varney is better than Bent as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Darren Bent to be sold, Iwelumo in. Not exactly like with like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here