Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo - the world from aachen

Direct web translation from Alemnia Aachen's web site.................

Chris Iwelumo back Ten questions on... Chris Iwelumo,
explain you to the fans nevertheless times the origin of your name.
My father is from Nigeria. There it is not an unusual name. My nut/mother comes against it from Scotland and is also born, more exact I there in Glasgow.
They come from Scotland, but in the last six years you played in England. What are the differences between the football on the island and in Germany?
I think, in Germany the focus more on the technology am put, while in England still more is paid attention to Fitness. Altogether the play is faster in England, it many more on counters played and it goes always directly from the side to the other one. They drive also into Germany a car with right control. How do you come thereby clearly, do give it no problems? That is not a problem. I drove also the car from Florian Bruns, when he was hurt, that have the steering wheel on the left side. That does not make anything for me. In addition I drive a car with mechanism circuit, there am simpler it. What impresses you at most so far in Aachen? It is a small community here in Aachen. One has the feeling, which knows everyone everyone. If I go into the cafe, then I always see the same faces. But the city for me makes very pleasant. The only problem is that there are unfortunately no English-language newspapers in Aachen. Moses Sichone must then always bring along these newspapers for me from Cologne. What are your personal goals and the goals with the Alemannia? My personal goal is it to play if possible on high level - if it goes in the international football. And with the Alemannia is natural my goal of getting a master place and if I played, then I would like to naturally obtain many gates. That did not fold so far yet so well, but I work daily to improve me. How does it look in the meantime with your German knowledge and how to communicate you with coaches and crew? 80 per cent of my fellow players English speak, make simpler much. And for one and a half months I have now German instruction. In the meantime I understand a lot of what is said. In addition the football language is an international language. So I can understand alone by gesturing, if the coach is sour for example. If one asks your wife, what your personal strengths are, which would answer them? She would say that I am very open humans. One can come very easily with me into contact. That makes it somewhat easier for me perhaps straight abroad. If I am however annoyed, then one should rather go to me out of the way. And which would say it to your weaknesses? Sometimes I am perhaps a little too loud. But I hope the fact that she does not find so many negative characteristics at all with me (laughs). What particularly pleases you with Alemannia? The Alemannia fans are probably the best, whom I experienced ever. In England the fans are correctly sour for example, if one loses. Here the fans are perhaps also disappointed, but they try to develop us also directly again for the next play. So which I do not have in England experienced and which pleases me with the Alemannia completely particularly well.

Last edited:

and just to highlight how desperate the state of Scottish international football is right now..........................

Alemannia Aachen's Iwelumo chasing Scotland cap
tribalfootball.com - January 14, 2005

Alemannia Aachen attacker Chris Iwelumo has put his hand up for a call-up to the Scotland squad.
Iwelumo has starred in Aachen's surprise UEFA Cup run this season and he revealed to the Daily Record: "I spent last season at Stoke City then joined Brighton in March. I played14games for them and we got promoted through the play-offs, which was a fantastic experience.

"It was a very good time and I expected to sign an extended contract with Brighton. But a few things had to be ironed out and while that was going on, a few clubs in England were interested.

"I then heard a few German clubs were also interested and when I spoke to Alemannia they blew everybody away.

"I came over to Germany for a look and to train with them and I loved it."

He added: "I've heard some talk Scotland might be interested in watching me and obviously I would love that.

"I am playing at a good level and if Walter Smith came to look at me I would be delighted.

"A couple of years ago I was asked to join up with the international squad when I was with Stoke City. Berti Vogts had just came in and, like Walter is now, he was trying out a few people.

"I was delighted but then gutted as Stoke were in the play-off s and I was unable to join up.

"I never heard anything else, so it wasn't to be. But I've never given up the hope I could play for my country. All I have to do is keep playing well and hopefully I will be noticed."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Storer68 said:
All I have to do is keep playing well and hopefully I will be noticed.
I didn't realise that was a requirement to get into the Scottish national team.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
"If one asks your wife, what your personal strengths are, which would answer them? She would say that I am very open humans"

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here