Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Iwelumo - Greatest player EVER

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
Yes. Think of the Porridge character Lenny

Lenny was Lenny Godber, (the late Richard Beckinsale) Fletch's cell mate. The Scotiish guy was McClaren, (Tony Osaba) ....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
According to our all knowing official site, he's only on loan?!?!?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
Lenny was Lenny Godber, (the late Richard Beckinsale) Fletch's cell mate. The Scotiish guy was McClaren, (Tony Osaba) ....

Oh well. He got the gist of what I meant.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not too loud,Reading will be sniffing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
lumo and knight???
:p

Attachments

• tall%20short%20guys%20%20205.jpg
    tall%20short%20guys%20%20205.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 143

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
An excellent acquisition but also a bit of a double-edged sword as we'll have to cough up for him at some point (presumably if we can get his signature before too many clubs come sniffing) and according to the Arsegas that figure will be performance related and tied to potential play-off success, which sounds like bollogs to me as we were in the play-offs when the big man arrived anyway...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
BRIGHT ON Q said:
Not too loud,Reading will be sniffing.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Coppell coming sniffing round our new strike force. Let's hope that if he does, we tell him where to go.

:)

mendoza10 said:
lumo and knight???
:p

Bloody hell, I almost spat me false teef aht...and I don't even HAVE false teef!
Hilarious!

All credit to MM for this signing, as was patently obvious, a striker and partner of Knight's wavelength was required - to make chances, take up the ones that went begging, and keep each other galvanized. I foresee LK/CI partner battles up front to see who can make and score the most imaginative goals!
Potentially and suddenly, a future in the 1st division doesn't look so bleak !

Mark McGee's blindin' Blue and White Army !!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
In my view, to stay in the first div. you need and an out and out strike partnership or at least someone up front who WILL get goals!! Fingerossed we have them now!!!!

If Lumo is on loan get him signed up now!!
:clap2:

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Why is he only being signed to the end of the season and not longer?

Surely the only reason you'd sign someone to the end of the season, and then sign them again would be if you were waiting to hear on some news in between that would affect his decision to stay or the club's decision to keep him?

Like Falmer?

[Please, please, please correct me... someone]

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Josky said:
Why is he only being signed to the end of the season and not longer?

Surely the only reason you'd sign someone to the end of the season, and then sign them again would be if you were waiting to hear on some news in between that would affect his decision to stay or the club's decision to keep him?

Like Falmer?

[Please, please, please correct me... someone]

what if we signed him for two years and he turned out complete crap though!
Still its a catch 22 scenario - he could continue to do well then at the end of the season signs for longer...or gets snapped up by a better offer from someone else!
Or we could've signed him for 2 years...he plays crap, gets dropped and is transfer listed by Xmas!

larus

He's been at Stoke where he wasn't getting picked.
He comes to a club and he's scoring goals straight away, got a very good strike partner and with the possibility of going back to div 1.
There's the possibility of a brand new stadium in 2-3 years.

IMHO, we've got a good chance to make him a permanant signing.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think a lot depends on whether we get promoted or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here