Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hutchings shown door by Walsall

Another one bites the dust.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/walsall/9336732.stm

Walsall have sacked manager Chris Hutchings and assistant manager Martin O'Connor with immediate effect.
The Saddlers are bottom of League One, eight points adrift of safety, having recorded just five league wins.
Former Bradford and Wigan boss Hutchings had been at the Banks's Stadium since January 2009.
Chairman Jeff Bonser told the club website: "Their preparation and professionalism has been second to none but we are in a results business."
He added: "Chris and Martin have both worked extremely hard during their time at the club.
"They have both been professional throughout and conducted themselves with great dignity in what have been difficult times."
Walsall lost 4-1 at Peterborough on Monday, a game in which O'Connor was sent to the stands.
Hutchings, who had a spell with the Saddlers as a player between 1990 and 1991, took over at the Banks's Stadium following the sacking of Jimmy Mullen.
The 53-year-old enjoyed success as assistant manager at both Bradford and Wigan, helping both to promotion to the Premier League.
O'Connor, 43, had two spells with the Saddlers as a player and was in his first full-time coaching position.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I mean lets be honest Wallsall are in the shadow of all the other Midland clubs. Realistically they are at the level you would expect.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must be slightly dyslexic. I skim-read the thread title as 'Chris Hutchings shot dead by Walsall'. Glad to see he's only been sacked!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm surprised he lasted this long however how much of this is due to the restrictions his club have ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here