Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris houghton sacked

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't see it myself, but having just cast my eye around some Newcastle fans forums, Gustavo's name is being mentioned. But I really can't see it. Martin O'Neill for sure.
I dunno, lots of managers are mercenary but O'Neill seems the sort to turn a club down if the set up isn't good. Would he want to work for those clowns?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Please let it be Pardew Please let it be Pardew. Please let it be Pardew.

Made for each other.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
One of the few clubs I would worry about Poyet going to..Just my opinon.

And it's a misguided one Kev:

A statement read: "The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football.

"Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009.

"The club wishes him well for the future. Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward."

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
From the BBC

Newcastle United have parted company with manager Chris Hughton.

The announcement comes a day after United were beaten 3-1 at West Brom, a result which leaves them 11th in the Premier League table.

Hughton guided Newcastle back into the top flight in May after their relegation in the 2009-10 campaign.

However, the club have said on their official website they are seeking an individual with more managerial experience to take them forward.

The statement added: "The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League club.

"Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well in the future.

"The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor."

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'd imagine they've got their next manager lined up.
It wont be anyone currently in management as Ashleys a tight fisted bastard so i'd imagine they'll bring in some embarrasing relic like Ron Atkinson or Barry Fry.

Whoever it is i hope they don't rate Kaz & let us have him on the cheap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also why would he go to Newcastle when he would only be able to take them as far as he could with Villa? Pointless.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Newcastle are a massive club,though sadly having many supporters who cannot afford shirts and jumpers,and obviously should be winning the treble every season and carrying off the Champions League,too.Chris Hughton did not achieve that last season,and his team are already five games off the pace this year.He's managed to keep them in the FA cup,though,by some good fortune or other.

And so the search begins for a manager big enough to be employed by these Northern giants.Guardiola and Morhino already have their names in,but are lagging behind Pardew,O'Neill,Curbishley,and ashen faced Ron Knee.No need for Gus to hablo Geordie unless there are no takers in the next two weeks,by when Poyet will have more experience and could fit the bill.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think he will be back in management soon.

Big game in the championship between Preston and Ipswich at the weekend. Both managers could get the sack after a defeat, and Chris Hughton could take over at either club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think he will be back in management soon.

Big game in the championship between Preston and Ipswich at the weekend. Both managers could get the sack after a defeat, and Chris Hughton could take over at either club.

If it wasn't for the League Cup Keane would have gone by now. Preston is a club with limited potential, can't see Hughton rushing to go there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bizarre. stepped in when it went shit for them and doen well getting them up and setup nicely in mid-table. the guy seems properly dedicated to their cause, he's even trying to grow a white stripe in his hair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here