Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Evans.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I agree entirely. For all the boasting Moyles does about his listening figures I'd love to see them evaporate as everyone deserts him for Chris Evans. His show has always played second fiddle to Radio 2 and with Wogan gone there'll be a big exodus to catch the new younger generation Radio 2 breakfast show

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
BANG - Take that Moyles!!!!!

Quality signing and a great broadcaster!!!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i havent listened to chris moyles for a few years now everything he was doing when i was still listening was a bit OTT and his voice was started to piss me off most mornings

I might listen to Chris evans tonight on iplayer and see how he gets on

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
My old dear listens to Radio 2 so that immediately makes it more difficult for me to choose to listen to it, and you've all got to admit some of the shows R2 have contain some truly appauling music! However when i can't get to a DAB to listen to XFM i shall most certainly give Evans a listen over the fat Yorkshire twat

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
BBC - BBC Radio 2 Programmes - Chris Evans Breakfast, 11/01/2010

Seems like a decent enough playlist to me, quite varied and certainly better than the POP and R&B the R1 churns out now! Am i getting old?

You don't have to be old to appreciate variety and tracks as timeless as All you Need Is Love, Ring Of Fire, Honky Tonk Women, Daydream Believer, Blueberry Hill and Come Fly With Me.

It's just nice to have songs you aren't going to hear ten times over if you listen to the radio all week. And when they play songs you don't like you can live with it because you won't necessarily have to hear it again any time soon.

A genuine breath of fresh air

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The music may be passable but I dont think the presenter can take the credit,its the voice and the inmature rubbish which is not R2, he joins a station that already has a R1 reject,Steve Wright.
The BBC had a man,Richard Allision,who regularly sits in but they have gone for a "name" at an inflated price, no doubt.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The people who don't like Moyles and have turned to Evans are unfortunately missing out on the brilliance of Christian O'Connell on Absolute Radio

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
The music may be passable but I dont think the presenter can take the credit,its the voice and the inmature rubbish which is not R2, he joins a station that already has a R1 reject,Steve Wright.
The BBC had a man,Richard Allision,who regularly sits in but they have gone for a "name" at an inflated price, no doubt.

Firstly, it's iMmature and secondly, for DECADES R2 has had old R1 presenters, its a natural cycle and will happen for years to come too. It's a generation thing and if you don't like it that probably means your position in the cycle is moving towards Radio 4 or Radio Sussex :yawn:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Johnny Saunders, his sidekick, is a BHA fan. He used to do the Sports Locker on Drivetime and mentioned Brighton several times.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

he "joins" a station? hes been doing Drive Time on R2 for ages now and FACT is R2 gets more listeners than R1...which probably aint hard as R1 is shithouse!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
he "joins" a station? hes been doing Drive Time on R2 for ages now and FACT is R2 gets more listeners than R1...which probably aint hard as R1 is shithouse!

R2 is always going to be more popular than R1, because it caters for far higher a demographic. R1 is aiming at 11 - 30 and R2 30 - 80.

Haven't listened to Chris in the morning yet. I kinda liked the drivetime show but it was very "safe".

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

hahhahahaha - that is just such a ridiculous post on so many levels...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Chris Evans = Legend, Chris Moyles = Fat, unfunny, likes the sound of his own voice, Leeds scum.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Is there any chance of him takin over the fat spongin Paddy to do Children In Need. Never liked him anyway but after learnin he got paid for doin CIN i have not got involved in anythin to do with it.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Wogan is CIN. I'm pretty sure that him getting paid for hosting CIN was a mistake. He had an allocation of hours that he was paid for and someone allocated some of those hours to the CIN show.

In anycase, the amount he was paid would be miniscule compared to the hundrends of millions he has helped to raise over the years.

Even though I don't particularly like Wogan and have thought he was a poor presenter i have huge respect for the amount he has done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here