Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Birchall Gone

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
US MLS, I reckon, is pretty comparable with League One. (Juan Albion's take would carry more weight...) Basically a lateral transfer, then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two-bob journeyman that nobody would have ever heard of if he wasn't the token white boy in the T&T World Cup setup. Never even registered on the radar at the Albion, despite him practically getting down on his knees and BEGGING for the job. Well rid. :bigwave:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
What I don't get is I thought he was meant to be up NORTH as hos wife was having a BABY. So how did I see him in Brighton outside bella Italia on the Friday evening before the game and someone else see him at the ground for the stockport game? (STRANGE)

I just feel that he didn't really care in the end as he had decided he was going and he was fed up that we wouldn't let him link up with LA galaxy. Very selfifsh considering the position we were in and needed all players to get stuck in.......

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
f***ing disgrace! He typifies all the bad things that so called professional footballers are these days,overpaid,egotistic stupid little boys.We have now got some good pros at the club but i fear we have a few that are similar to this little prick that we need to f*** right off!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Glad he's still got his big chance. Felt bad we didn't let him go when LA Galaxy first showed an interest - he didn't play for us much after that anyway, and certainly played no part in our revival.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He told me at the Stockport game that he had been offered a training camp at LA Galaxy, the Albion wouldn't let him go during the season, in case he was needed, but that he was off for 3 weeks or so in May. He wasn't sure of his future at Brighton, especailly as at the time Slade had not been confirmed as manager, so it was all up in the air. Never really got a chance IMO, and obviously didn't really push himself as far as we could see.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Apparently he's leaving his wife and baby in England while he plays in America. What a selfish bastard.
We need to get arrogant arseholes like him out of the club if we're ever going to progress. He can f*** right off as far as i'm concerned. I hope LA Galaxy realise what a shower of shit he is and he ends up begging for a place on the Eastbourne Borough bench.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
just another nobody to be honest.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thought he was ok but his international duties were always going to be an issue. RS didn't seem to keen so no great loss.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Apparently he's leaving his wife and baby in England while he plays in America. What a selfish bastard.
We need to get arrogant arseholes like him out of the club if we're ever going to progress. He can f*** right off as far as i'm concerned. I hope LA Galaxy realise what a shower of shit he is and he ends up begging for a place on the Eastbourne Borough bench.

That's a bit harsh, I guess if an employer in a glamourous sunny place offers you twice as much cash (I'm guessing at figures here) as you're on here you'd turn it down then?

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
US MLS, I reckon, is pretty comparable with League One. (Juan Albion's take would carry more weight...) Basically a lateral transfer, then.

MLS is definitely soccer and not football. it is almost unrecognizable as a game of 11 vs. 11 and a goal at each end.

Reasons being,
The talent IS mediocre with the best Americans are playing in EPL

The league system is set up like all other US sports with no penalty for losing and not much incentive for winning

Playing in the summer is dreadful, as in many locations it is deathly hot and humid

Many of the facilities are not suitable (artificial turf), 20,000 crowd in 70,000 capacity, no away fans to create an atmosphere

LAG is probably the best for Birchall as they have a soccer stadium, the weather is good, the team is pseudo glamarous but average. He'll be struggling to feed himself on the wages he'll be getting in LA.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

You got any children ? Somehow I doubt it. If the baby is a few weeks old I would bet the last thing his wife would want to to up sticks and move to the other side of the Atlantic. Also, I doubt that LA Galaxy would cover the wife and baby's medical costs, especially as they seem to have spent all their money on Beckham.

Having said that he's no great loss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here