Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Adams

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've lost respect and the love I had for you tonight, poaching one of our players is indeed not on. Twisting his head with the money and captaincy is disgraceful. Instead of being a future England prospect, he has gone backwards in his career. When you come down to Hove in April, you will indeed will get througher abuse from all of us Sussex faithful. You maybe a legend but you're indeed now a snake in the grass. I hope for one are happy with yourself, because we saved your career and made you one of our best ever captains! I hope we sue Surrey for every penny they've got now.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
1) We can't sue
2) Has he made a step backwards? A county in the same league, with the captaincy? Hmm...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The man that helped transform Sussex from a perenial passenger into the 'Team of the Noughties' is never going to be a snake in the grass in my eyes. We didn't have to give them permission to speak with RHB.

It is a big opportunity for RHB and I think we would have been wrong to stand in his way.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The man that helped transform Sussex from a perenial passenger into the 'Team of the Noughties' is never going to be a snake in the grass in my eyes. We didn't have to give them permission to speak with RHB.

It is a big opportunity for RHB and I think we would have been wrong to stand in his way.
agreed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There was a good article in the argus the other week about Adams being a legend, but a right pain in the arse at the moment.

Will try and fish it out

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
One of our best captains. I disagree. We won loads of things while he had the captaincy, but I never liked his decsicions, as for his choice of either batting or fielding, when he won the toss...well, he was dreadful. He even admitted himself, most of the time, he wanted to lose the toss.

Shame about RHB though.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
at the end of the day, he pretty much transformed us from whipping boys to the most successful team of recent times, he will always be a legend.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great player, great captain, Sussex legend.

If he's going to do anything with Surrey it would be almost inconceivable that he'd do it without pinching a player or two from the county he played for down the road who've dominated the county game for the last decade.

I just hope that RHB is the poaching done and dusted and he looks to the future, not his past, for his next players.

Anyway, a bit of grist to the mill for Sussex / Surrey rivalry should fire our boys up a bit more.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Adams gave Sussex far more than he could ever take from us.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've lost respect and the love I had for you tonight, poaching one of our players is indeed not on. Twisting his head with the money and captaincy is disgraceful. Instead of being a future England prospect, he has gone backwards in his career. When you come down to Hove in April, you will indeed will get througher abuse from all of us Sussex faithful. You maybe a legend but you're indeed now a snake in the grass. I hope for one are happy with yourself, because we saved your career and made you one of our best ever captains! I hope we sue Surrey for every penny they've got now.

What rubbish...

Chris Adams is employed by Surrey County Cricket Club to do a job. If that job involves trying to attract the best players to Surrey CCC in the same way that he did when he was with us then good luck to him.

If you were in his shoes then you would do the same thing as there's no room for sentiment in modern day sport and that's proven by the fact that the Albion have sacked their last 3 managers all of whom achieved great things either as manager or player.

Adams is and always will be a Sussex legend for what he achieved with us and nothing will change that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its as in football where a manager will take one or two former players with him, happens most of the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here