Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Choosing our seats at the Amex

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Apologies if this has already been done to death, but me and the mrs are looking for some assistance in choosing our seats at the Amex. What do you see as being the relative pros and cons of each of the options in the A to C price range? I'm inclined to go for the West Stand Upper, if there are any seats left, but my partner is worried that we'll be too far from the action. Does anyone have a feel for how the distance to the pitch would compare to being at the back of the South Stand at Withdean?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
go west stand lower, because your kinda later on in the pack all the west stand upper centre will be taken,

withdean back will probably be lowest of the top tier i imagine, because you are a lot further back at withdean

so west stand lower you will get a nice centre seat

but its up to you, on what you want :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
brighton terra..also take into account there are no lifts to the West Stand Upper..just in case you or the wife have any medical problems. Its five flights of stairs!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was told that you take 8 rows off the WSL to get the equivalent height that you get at Withdean (because the South Stand at Withdean is elevated at the front). So for example, the height of Row S at Falmer would be the same elevation as about row L at Withdean. But I was told that the site lines are better at Falmer.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Also worth remembering the choice will be largely affected due to availability. You will also have to consider moving towards the corners etc if you don't want to go too high up in wsu. I was v surprised how much had gone when I went and got mine last thurs.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Personally i think this issue about how far away you'll be in WSU, even at the back of WSU have been over hyped. My parents have ST's at Stamford Bridge in the East Upper Tier 16 rows back and having been a couple of times over last 2-3 years when they've been away its a fantastic view and seeing as the Amex is half the size of Chelsea then WSU must be closer to the pitch.

Also when choosing WSU for myself I wanted to be 100% certain I wouldn't get wet when it rains! I'm sure the majority of WSL will be ok from the elements but there will be parts of it that aren't and having spent the withdean years getting soaked I could'nt live with myself if i chose a 'wet' seat!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We went to the last presentation on Friday,.. you can get WSU centre, but last 2 or 3 rows,... although there were a few double seats scattered about, but not close to aisles. We got the best we could and that was Block C row V near an aisle.... you will have to go out wide to get a seat nearer the front, but as you will see from the presentation, the views from the 'wings' as they call them are great anyway.

Yes the 5 flights of stairs are a consideration,....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was told that you take 8 rows off the WSL to get the equivalent height that you get at Withdean (because the South Stand at Withdean is elevated at the front). So for example, the height of Row S at Falmer would be the same elevation as about row L at Withdean. But I was told that the site lines are better at Falmer.

Good grief, your in the sit next to me sir!, or will be. Pleased to meet u!

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
is it correct that is I purchase a season ticket for myself and son under 16 and he cannot make it I can upgrade the ticket on the day to adult for £10 so that I bring along a friend etc?

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
That can be done but they said not on the day.....Has to be done in advance...)( I think)

I was told that this wouldn't be a problem with a little notice then I was told that it had to be at least a week in advance - I think they were making it up as the went. We shall see.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bear in mind, WSU means being stuffed so far as catching one of the first trains out of Falmer is concerned (if that is important to you).

I reckon having WSU seats could add an extra 45 - 60 minutes onto travel time when there is anything approaching a full-house.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
West = Bobble Hat and Rattle Brigade - Avoid
East (Chicken Run) = Sun in the Eyes - Buy some sunnies or a bb cap!
South = Away Fans
North = Goldstone Barmy Army are back!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've got my presentation tomorrow, and we still can't decide where to go.
I know that's kind of the point of going, but we'd like to have a good idea before hand.
Anyone that's been lately, can you tell me the following;

a) Just how central / close to the front in WSU can you get 2 seats together?
b) How full is the WSU side (Zone A) closest to the North stand? Likely to get front rows?
c) How full are the back few rows of WSL Zone D closest to the North stand?

Cheers x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here