Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chips at Tonight's Match

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
What about in 1901? Will be interesting to see the options in there tonight.

1901 tonight has the following....

Buffet Menu
Tuesday 30th July v Norwich
Chinese Theme
Sweet & sour chicken
Tempura chicken breast and an Oriental sweet & sour sauce
Vegetable & blackbean stir fry
Crisp seasonal vegetables in a blackbean sauce
Egg fried basmati rice
Chinese spiced egg noodles Beans shoots, water chestnuts, coriander
Prawn crackers Vegetable spring roll Panko breadcrumb tiger prawn
Soy sauce Plum sauce Chinese chilli jam

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Sweet Jesus - something else for people to moan about tomorrow!

What do you mean tomorrow, no doubt people will be doing while they are still at the ground

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
or like me will buy nothing to eat and go straight to the chippie after the match which means the revenue from me is zilch x 1000 is still zilch, or x 50 % of the crowd is zilch.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
or like me will buy nothing to eat and go straight to the chippie after the match which means the revenue from me is zilch x 1000 is still zilch, or x 50 % of the crowd is zilch.

I thought the chip shop was going up too? It's probably best you just dont eat anything from now on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Its a TRIAL, so see if it works, would you rather the said TRIAL is in your stand where there may be many more supporters so increaing the chances exponentially that it goes wrong

And there is the problem, how do they differentiate between people who normally don't buy stuff and allow them to buy chips only and people who normally buy the Pies/Burgers etc and stop them buying chips only?

The people who eat will still eat, possibly more now and the people who don't still won't.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the chip shop was going up too? It's probably best you just dont eat anything from now on.

Yes the price of a portion is to my mind too expensive but I have a choice take it or leave it.

I think the day will come, fairly soon when we as a club follow Readings example and have burger/fish and chip vans on the walks to the ground and owned by the club/catering franchisee

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What's the betting you get a tiny portion chips that don't taste of anything? They won't be like the ones at The withdean.

Sudoku should stick to the basics and get them right, rather than puzzle themselves with extra work at this early stage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And there is the problem, how do they differentiate between people who normally don't buy stuff and allow them to buy chips only and people who normally buy the Pies/Burgers etc and stop them buying chips only?

The people who eat will still eat, possibly more now and the people who don't still won't.

Sorry I can see your logic in that. People like me will have dinner reasonably early for an evening match, to go to the match but might like a snack during the evening or on a Saturday have dinner when I get home.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They were serving pork baps during the disco in the North stand after the Wolves match.

I would describe them as Pork-fat baps myself, not nice crackling fat but soft jelly like white fat.

I was pretty drunk so didn't really care at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here