Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chippy's Gone To Gillingham

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Meridien's Goal of the Month competition is to be believed....

I can't believe that they've got him in the running for goal of the month but have him playing for Gillingham.:rolleyes:

Oh well-at least they gave Tom hark a 20 second plug.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
is it his goal AGAINST Gillingham ?

My current gripe with Meridian (Kent & Sussex version) is that it seems to be always Gillingham news first, followed by the Albion.

Ok, this was bad enough last year, but at least they were a division above us then. But when we are in the same division, above them in that division, have a name that starts with a letter of the alphabet that comes before theirs, and plainly superior to them in every aspect (not hard I know) it annoys me that they come first. Even on teletext it is them first.

Speaking of teletext, last night the headline story on the local sport pages (p.471) was concerned with how the Charlton chairman refutes Gillingham claims he is trying to poach their fans by offering cheap transport to the Valley from the Medway towns. Page 472 however, was a story about the leader of a Gillingham fans association bemoaning that Paul Scally wasn't doing enough to (poach) attract fans from Kent areas such as Margate and Dover - erh, two areas who have their own football clubs! :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Braders7 said:
is it his goal AGAINST Gillingham ?

It is-but every other goal scorer is listed as scoring for their club which is the norm for goal of the month competitions.

Typical Meridien incompetence I'm afraid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tommy Cook reporting said:
, last night the headline story on the local sport pages (p.471) was concerned with how the Charlton chairman refutes Gillingham claims he is trying to poach their fans by offering cheap transport to the Valley from the Medway towns. :

Which is exactly what Charlton tried to do when we were propping up Div 3 at Gillingham. Adverts all over the place including Hove Station :eek:

Never understand why Albion fans have a soft spot for a club taht tried to woo our fans when we were nearly down and out.

They obviously look for disaffected fans from teams that are struggling, and people think that they are a "nice" club :rolleyes:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Page 472 however, was a story about the leader of a Gillingham fans association bemoaning that Paul Scally wasn't doing enough to (poach) attract fans from Kent areas such as Margate and Dover - erh, two areas who have their own football clubs! :clap2:

Margate do however play home games at Ashford

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Icy Gull said:
Which is exactly what Charlton tried to do when we were propping up Div 3 at Gillingham. Adverts all over the place including Hove Station :eek:

Never understand why Albion fans have a soft spot for a club taht tried to woo our fans when we were nearly down and out.

They obviously look for disaffected fans from teams that are struggling, and people think that they are a "nice" club :rolleyes:

Anyone remember the long lost Sompting Seagull's response to it? An NSC classic from bygone times.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
My current gripe with Meridian (Kent & Sussex version) is that it seems to be always Gillingham news first, followed by the Albion.

You should've have seen it 10 yrs ago.Being from Kent you wouldn't have known Brighton existed!.
Meridian are improving.You must remember that Kent is a footballing black-hole,Which is why i and most others turn elsewhere for inspiration.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What I want to know it, what the bloody hell are Southend doing in it?! they are the other side of London for fucks sake, surely they should fit in with London or Anglian news or something, bloody ridiculous.
As for the Chippy cock-up...absolutley shite!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

I said exactly the same when watching it last night (promptly followed by the mrs saying "you always say that give it a rest". She just doesn't understand:nono: ). I'm not sure if Gillingham even get Meridian. Wouldn't they get a London broadcast of ITV?

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Rangdo, yes the Medway towns do get Meridian, and in some areas they can also get London ITV. Brixtaan has it spot on though. When Dover were in the Conference and had four semi pro England players they barely mentioned the club.

My folks have also said it has been the same coverage re Dover and Margate, even though they have both been neraly made bankrupt ove the festive period.

Anyone see their round-up of the christmas games.

Reading and Gillingham play out a crashingly dull 0-0 draw (even the bloke doing the voice over said it was instantly forgettable)

So forgettable that Meridian included different footage of it in both the Reading and the Gillingham sections of the programme.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meridien are on a deliberate wind-up when it comes to Brighton. Its so obvious, its just tiresome now.

Another small example last night on Meridien News. That bald perma-tanned fuckface Fred Dinage handed over to the weather report just as the scene switched to a live feed of the Palace Pier, to show the current weather conditions in Brighton.

"And a lovely sunset in Brighton over the West Pier there...whats the weather got in for us then Carl ?"

Fred, listen. The West Pier is a partially submerged, neglected, twisted, rusty, barnacled wreckage which is no longer even recognisable as what it once was. The Palace Pier is, by comparison, Las Vegas on stilts. As a journalist and presenter in the southern region for many years now, you really ought to know this by now, so can you PLEASE allow this information to penetrate your slap-headed noggin and at least partially absorb some way into the semi-dried up prune which dangles listlessly within your cranium masquerading as a brain ?

Thank you.

(and yes, I know it now says "Brighton Pier", but I am set in my ways).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here