Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Children in Need

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think you've missed the point there somewhat. Also I'd imagine a lot of people 'get involved' for fear of being frowned upon if they don't, which again is part of the reason some people have become turned-off by CIN. As for the other people you mention, well, where do you start?

Indeed - the reason I don't give to CIN ( I give to other charities ) is this expectation on EVERYONE to give to it and be jolly and enjoy the so called fun.

Regards the totty - surely they can get some fit star to agree to strip after 11pm if a certain amount of money is pledged per item of clothing - it might even get me watching :love:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Indeed - the reason I don't give to CIN ( I give to other charities ) is this expectation on EVERYONE to give to it and be jolly and enjoy the so called fun.

Regards the totty - surely they can get some fit star to agree to strip after 11pm if a certain amount of money is pledged per item of clothing - it might even get me watching :love:

Why would you want that when you can get the BBC newsreaders doing a cover of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi??

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Someone at work is shaving his head and beard off.

That's a bit extreme isn't it?

Shaving your beard off, yeah that's ok.
But shaving your head off too!

Maybe JS should dress up as Pudsey for his weekly trip.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On second thoughts - why can't Sophie Rayworth do the News song and dance thing AND the stripping ?

:nono:

What a load of old crankies. Even the most miserable people in our office still get involved in the fun and games. There are still a few though that won't give 'because some of the money goes to Africa'.

:facepalm:

I bet you're the office joker, aren't you? Bart Simpson tie and matching socks on a Friday is it? The kind of bloke who refers to pub landlords as "mine host" and asks for a pint of "your finest falling down juice".

I just know that in real life you're an absolute scream. I bet you're doing something really wacky for Children in Need. What is it? Grow half a moustache? Eat a tin of beans with a cocktail stick? Wear a wig around the office? Bernie Clifton comedy ostrich fancy dress outfit?

Doesn't matter that you did exactly the same last year for CiN. Or the year before. Or the year before that. If a joke's funny once it's funny a million times. Anyway, it's your joke, right? It's what you're famous for in the office, that funny joke of yours every CiN. What a card. I really wish I worked with you, you funny guy.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I bet you're the office joker, aren't you? Bart Simpson tie and matching socks on a Friday is it? The kind of bloke who refers to pub landlords as "mine host" and asks for a pint of "your finest falling down juice".

I just know that in real life you're an absolute scream. I bet you're doing something really wacky for Children in Need. What is it? Grow half a moustache? Eat a tin of beans with a cocktail stick? Wear a wig around the office? Bernie Clifton comedy ostrich fancy dress outfit?

Doesn't matter that you did exactly the same last year for CiN. Or the year before. Or the year before that. If a joke's funny once it's funny a million times. Anyway, it's your joke, right? It's what you're famous for in the office, that funny joke of yours every CiN. What a card. I really wish I worked with you, you funny guy.

Nice one

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
To quote Harry Enfield and chums characters, the Old Gits as they burn money:

"Children in Need? They can stay in bloody need!"

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The tin of beans with a cocktail stick was a liquid over keyboard moment!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can imagine Crodo looks like this.

Colin Hunt - office trolley geddit. Hurr hurr.

colin-hunt.jpg

Next time you find yourself quoting The Fast Show, think on. Colin Hunt, office joker, is a reference to all the people in offices all around the country repeating catchphrases they heard on the TV the night before.

Colin considers himself a wit and an entertainer, but in truth the only person who enjoys his endless, stream-of-consciousness inanity is his rather limp colleague, Doreen.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Why would you want that when you can get the BBC newsreaders doing a cover of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi??

Which was cringeworthy in the extreme, I was unlucky enough to get in around that time just as it came on. From what I gather from our babysitters the rest of the show was much the same, loosely pitched as entertainment it really needs to change its format to encourage miserable old sods like me to tune in.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was watching episodes of Family Guy instead, but I did catch some sort of Come Dine With Me late on, which had the Dragons Den guys on it.

Was it me, or did Theo Paphitis seem a bit pissed when he appeared on stage? :ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is all rather boring now, same format year after year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here