Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child Maintenance

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Mate - ignore the childish responses you've got. There are some real morons on this site sometimes. You ask a valid question - because many times the father is the one left with not enough through no fault of his own. I don't think you can stop paying as your kids mum will actually need some income to support your kids, but my advise would be to contact the csa, find out what you should be paying and make sure you pay at least that. If you can afford more and still lead a life yourself then make that call yourself. Only you can decide what's fair over and above, as only you know the circumstance of your own individual situation. Good luck.

Good response.
I take it that the posters that came out with the flippant comments, are either happily married, drunk, or have no idea. Tis obvious that the poster has "manned up" because he IS paying maintenance.
My advice, having had experience, and paying etc......... is to contact the CSA, any correspondence by letter sent by recorded delivery (they have to act within 8 weeks) in case you get the body swerve/not received treatment.
By the way, take note, if a woman claims CSA, it is sorted, if a bloke claims (yes there are some single Dads ;) ) then expect the run around and try and talk to a male member of the CSA when phoning.
Good luck....... but don't hold your breath, unless you want to change your sex.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If private agreement is not fulfilled, the mother has every right to go to the CSA.

I never said she never, I said as it is a private agreement then he can stop paying it and there s no way anyone can enforce that unless it was a private agreement drawn up by solicitors, then the mother could sue for breach of contract in the county courts. But I doubt this is the case otherwise the question would not need to be asked on a forum.
As a side note the CSA is to become the child maintenance service. If you can not keep to a private agreement and choose to use this new service then you will be charged an application fee and 7% of the monies collected(dont quote me on the 7% though as its late and I cannot remember). The new scheme is due to arrive in 2014

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not my child - my girlfriend's partner has thrown his toys out of the pram a bit.
She needs to make a decision, you're both being played for fools.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Agree with all of this - no such thing as "over paying" for your child. There's some of us that would love to have kids, but for whatever reason, can't. Man the f*** up and pay your way. How the f*** would you feel if your old man wasn't there for you when you were little and was moaning about over paying for you? Grow the f*** up.

Ah. Just seen your post. Hmmm.... Go and brick the CAUC's windows. (Sorry!!!)

Trust me - it didnt feel good at all.

My dad paid less than he should of to my mum for years, we struggled - my mum is my hero.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think with CSA you have to experience what it is like to believe it... I pay for my daughter, no problem, however they could not organise their way out of a paper bag... Everything is in the mums favour.... As for overpaying, well some people move on, start new lives and have additional children( don't have to be a bad person!) and you cannot afford to overpay....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here