Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its indecent that it dies and we eat it yes, but its not indecent to raise it as it nature intended.

It doesn't die though. It is slaughtered. I can't see how farming at all is how nature intended. I do understand though, that the animals have a better existence in free range farming than intensive and they taste better. Th eonly problem I really have with intensive farming is the money that is made for various very rich companies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Free range chicken just tastes much much better as well.

I'm not convinced by the organic tastes better argument, but if you get biological about it something that has been allowed to grow properly (and slowly) and not bred to grow very, very quickly, well the meat is going to be different.

Apparently you can tell the quality by the straightness of the leg bone.

The birds that have been bred to grow quickly mature quicker than their bones.

The extra weight can make the chickens bow legged.

My aunt used to have an ex battery hen as a pet, it didn't know how to perch and was literally flat footed :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. And besides, unless house your seagull has evidence to the contrary, I don't recall reading about any tuna battery-farms. Nor any chickens caught wild at sea, for that matter!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I've been aware of the issue for years now and only buy something that's been allowed to run about.

Poor old Jamie Oliver, did anyone see his groveling letter to Salisburys about the bad publicity the programme caused.

No, where can I see this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here