Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chernobyl - now

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Chilling and sobering,From all the fun earlier brings things home.Dungerness isn't far away,wondered how she could be affected still ? When could anyone ever move back there ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just spent the best part of an hour reading that and looking at the pictures. Quite honestly, its one of the most amazing things I have ever seen on the internet. It made me realise how little I really knew about Chernobyl. Up until now, for me, "Chernobyl" was no more than a word, almost like a standing joke about 5-legged cows and things glowing green. That website has really shed some light on the reality - that Chernobyl was a community, a town and an entire area destroyed and now left as a desolate wasteland. Slave to an invisible evil that brought death within days to many, and death over years to so many more. The fact that the fallout contamination will make the entire area uninhabitable for thousands of years is almost incomprehensible in its horror.

I'm off to bed now, but I know my thoughts will be invaded by that place and those images. Truley mind-boggling.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I did a study of Chernobyl 10 years after the blast for a university project. Unfortunately I didn't have access to pictures and had to use my imagination while reading many of the reports. These images are even more chilling and eeeries than I could have imagined.

A fantastic site

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here