Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham or Grimsby.........

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As for who, we're going with friends from Cheltenham so we'll be supporting them. Bit different to when we went though, it's pay on the gate!

Comon the, er, oh, um, er, I think they're The Robins (?)

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was bored so just had a look at the websites of the4 teams in the play offs this weekend.

Cheltenham and Grimsby have both sold about 12,000 tickets each, Grimsby hope to sell 15,000 in total.

Swansea have sold out and another 1,000+ tickets available so they will have over 34,000 in Cardiff. Barnsley have sold just over 20,000.

I would like to see Cheltenham and Barnsley go up, so I fully expect Grimsby and Swansea to win.

Grimsby on a Tuesday night, i cant wait!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Grimsby were given 25,000 (yes 25,000 :ohmy:) tickets, think it said in the local paper they've sold about 13,500 so far. All the local people who probably don't even like football will be going just because it's a big game. Grimsby only usually get 4,000 a week at Blundell Park.

I've still not forgiven Grimsby for refusing to supply the Albion with all the tickets we wanted in 2003. And then offering tickets for £1 on the day of the game through their local paper. And then, on the day, there was a whole section of the ground that was unoccupied.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cheltenham. Closer, never been there, and it's not GRIMsby.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My final act in Cleethorpes in 2003 was to throw up at Paradise Island.

I think I'd rather the short drive to Cheltenham, but can't actually get excited about either.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cheltenham, purely for the fact that living in Gloucester it is an easy game to get to, a little mercenary maybe but there is no way I would ever drive from here to Grimsby.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cheltenham is 7 miles for me, I used to travel further for a home game when I still lived in Sussex.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The other thing is that I can probably be the first person to post a match report, something I have only ever done once before and that was the game at Derby on the opening day of last season, not bad seeing as I had it posted before 7 Pm and it is well over 100 miles away.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cheltenham is closer and it doesn't smell of fish.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I haven't been to cheltenham before so would rather go there next season as been to grimsby

Last edited:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The centre of Cheltenham is very nice, I would love to see hoardes of Albion fans taking over the twee bars and cafes of Montpellier and turning the place into a sea of blue and white, however the outskirts are distinctly unpleasant. Haven't been to Whaddon Road yet, despite living so close, as I get my local footy fix at Forest Green but would like to chalk it off my grounds to do list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here