Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham or Grimsby.........

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
........who do you want to win the play off and therefore play next season?

I want Cheltenham to get proper f***ed. They play horrible kick and rush football. Grimsby deserve their place in league 1 alongside might Leyton Orient.

I know that they piss on our fish but come on the Cod Heads!

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
.............although Grimsby (or should I say Cleethorpes) is a proper dump full of chavs and strays - the Brighton of the north east coast you could say!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Cheltenham definitely, I never want to go to Grimsby again.
I've not been to Cheltenham before.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
n1 gull said:
Cheltenham definitely, I never want to go to Grimsby again.
I've not been to Cheltenham before.

I have been there and thought the Gloucs locals okay. Don't like Grimsby so Cheltenham for me.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Grimsby got a great stand behind the goal and the fish and chips are the best.

Cheltenham play awful footbal and will add nothing to league 1.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
the fish and chips are rubbish in cleethorpes, cooked in beef fat, yuk, horrible northern cuisine

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
got to be cheltenham as its the more local of the 2 , but if grimsby come up then a night out at Clethorpes and a matchday drink in the leaking boot is another must

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
The wife's a Cheltenham fan so we're going to Cardiff on Sunday to watch the game.

Incidentally, you may be interested to know that they have next season's shirt out for sale in their club shop already and the sponsors logo isn't stuck on, it's part of the fabric like ours used to be. Errea can do it, but we don't seem to be able to get them to do it for us! Nice shirt it is too. Wouldn't mind a blue and white version of this!

ctfcshirt6sd.jpg

daveyboybhafc2

Dec 5, 2003
Bath
cheltenham as they are prety local to me and i cat be bothered to go to that dump grimsby again. BUT i've been to cheltenham the last two times and we lost both

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I worked at Whaddon Road as a steward during my uni days. Funny little club. It always made me laugh when the old man was sent running around the pitch and out the stadium to collect the balls.

Up the Robins! :clap: :clap:

I was there the day Brighton beat Chester City 7-1. That made my day, hearing the result over the tannoy.

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I have been to both of these places twice to watch the albion, and, for me its no contest. Cheltenham is a nice part of the country. When we played there a few years back we stayed near the cotswolds.
Whereas Grimsby is a hole (no disrespect to anyone who lives there who might be reading this).

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Come on Cheltenham :clap2:

Everyone up here is so confident that Grimsby will win, time for Cheltenham to prove them wrong.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hannibal smith said:
Cheltenham.

I'd like to see the chip fan catch fire again and Its also a great place for going out on the lash.

Sadly that stand has now been redeveloped, so no more chip vans to go up in smoke, it was funny though :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here