Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jacob Steinberg’s sum up in The Guardian:

‘ This time it was not even about Chelsea’s wastefulness. They barely created anything after taking the lead through Romelu Lukaku’s header in the first half and could have no complaints after this costly draw with Brighton, who thoroughly outplayed the European champions before Danny Welbeck came off the bench to earn them a deserved point in stoppage time.’

The couple of chances they did get I thought were just lucky rebounds or deflections off players that fell kindly to them.

They can bring Alonso and Kante on as a subs and complain about players bing tired. Twats. James only went off because Lamptey made everyone in the ground realise they kept the wrong player!!! :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Brilliant clip of our goal.

No way. There's no way.

[TWEET]1476313124496195586[/TWEET]

Absolutely marvellous scenes! :clap:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Tuchel had been complaining about the fixtures for several days. In doing so, he was getting his excuses in early. He expected to fail, lowered expectations, and gave his team the perfect excuse for failure.

Lo and behold, that is what happened.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Probably will escape a fine for that blue flare as it could have been a home one. Brought home what a good turnout we had.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think playing certain opponents who reckon they'll have us with reasonable ease can help, but such games and outcomes are things of wonder to watch. Our players dripped with sweat, but the effort was in stylishly playing as an attacking one as much as to close Chelsea down. Bissouma was like 2 Kantes, and that backline could not concede only one against hundreds of millions pounds worth of attackers. We outplayed those gold-plated bigheads and i loved it and who we were.

I just love this post 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Tuchel had been complaining about the fixtures for several days. In doing so, he was getting his excuses in early. He expected to fail, lowered expectations, and gave his team the perfect excuse for failure.

Must be so hard having to bring on German internationals

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Efan Ekokou here on USA commentary said that’s the best away BHA performance he has seen. Very complimentary of us.

Him, Rob Green and Ononah (excuse spelling) are pretty good and should replace Shearer, Richards, Townsend, Carney, Aluko at all times.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Quite right, and Mr Potter’s attitude would be much more pragmatic: we’ve got injuries but we’ll just have to work out what we can do with the players available”! Just the “get on with it” attitude that Tuchel lacks.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Robbie Mustoe on NBCSN just called out Tuchel complaining, pointing out all the subs were first team players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here