Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I will, if it's deserved.
But I won't be gloating and laughing about it though.
You are sticking up for someone who delights in The Albion losing.

He’s a huge pessimist. But laying into him, detracts from another capitulation against Chelsea. Some other bottom half clubs are always far more competitive when they play their likes. They are not ManC, sold Hazard, couldn’t win for mustard at home ... but the sensible people here knew exactly what was coming.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Footballs better - results the same - gonna be a long old season. Did anyone really think we wouldn’t be in a relegation scrap? Chelsea should have been out of sight by half time. Terrible mistake from Webster but that’s how we play now. Although I thought the idea was to try and beat the high press. Sometimes they need to boot it away. I think we’ll just stay up. Would like to see Murray paired with Maupay at some point. Thought we missed Propper as well. Mooy yet to convince.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Sadly relegation form after the Watford opener

I want Potter to succeed by the squad looks thins, not helped by the two loan moves after the PL deadline Both Locadia and Andone did well at Watford

Mind you Hughton had arguably a worse hand transfer wise.

No he didn't, he didn't choose Bloom did. At least Potter has a big say in recruiting since the changes made to the recruitment setup/strategy

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Bong

Has there been a worse player in the Premier League? Awaiting the Heroes to jump to his defence but you've got to admit that he is useless. We surely have better than him. Lazy running back and his awareness & passing is terrible. It was a poor performance but he is a league 2 player.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A poor gutless performance that brought the result that was deserved.

Absolute bollocks.

Chelsea are a top 6 club with strength pace and depth. we played some good football at times but took risks which cost us. given we did create a few chances, hit the bar from a corner, and rode our luck. 2-0 is hardly a hammering.

We do need to start taking advantage of a few teams though. It'll come. Tottenham next, they're on the slide a bit . . .

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Winning at Chelsea was always going to be hard and the performance wasnt good enough to really threaten them. Not enough pace in the team, desperately needs to get Trossard/March back.
Chelsea are an average side now!!? The old Chelsea with Hazard in the team would have scored at least 5

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Has there been a worse player in the Premier League? Awaiting the Heroes to jump to his defence but you've got to admit that he is useless. We surely have better than him. Lazy running back and his awareness & passing is terrible. It was a poor performance but he is a league 2 player.

It's actually a bit embarrassing how bad he is. Even more worrying is that there are people on here who thinks he's a good footballer.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Chelsea are a top 6 club with strength pace and depth. we played some good football at times but took risks which cost us. given we did create a few chances, hit the bar from a corner, and rode our luck. 2-0 is hardly a hammering.
I think a bit of delusion is kicking in here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can't fault the effort or intent but a few things worry me.

First, how have we let the squad get so thin that with half a dozen injuries we're in the position of bringing on the least attacking full back in history(ok, slight exaggeration) on the left wing with a kid making his second league appearance on the other? And that's with Ali J also on the bench.

The next thing kind of runs on from the first. It's worrying that we're not scoring. We were creating chances but not taking them, now due to the lack of depth we're not even creating them. I know 'it's Chelsea' but their defence has looked poor all season. They were untroubled today.

Finally, talking of defenses ours has looked a little suspicious all season. Today we walked into the police station with a bag of loot, a written confession, the addresses of where we stole the loot and a video of us stealing it. In short, it wasn't great defensively, was it?

On the plus side, Mooy looked good first half, Alzate too in the second when he moved central. And Ryan got to make more saves than he has in the past six months.

It's going to be a longer, harder season than I was hoping for. Which is a shame. We need Propper, March and Trossard back ASAP and no more injuries.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s taboo to criticise a player’s PL credentials, unless hypocritically they slag off Muzza or Stephens as good enough season after season.

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
Better for what, though? We've managed less goals so far than our start to either of the past two seasons.
Possession is all well and good, but (as we remember from the Poyet days) if you don't actually do much with it, it's a little pointless?

Bloom gambled and got it wrong. CH should still be here with some reinforcements that he gets to choose. He called out Lucadia and Jahan... And made it clear that he felt they weren't good enough.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hope Potter will learn from today. It was obvious early on that we weren't going to be able to play the way we wanted to and he had to change things and be more direct. Chelsea's attacking players are quick and good with their feet and we played most of the game in areas where this would benefit them.

Silly to bring Bong on. He's not a good attacking option. We would have got far more by leaving Alzate there, dropping Mooy and Gross further back and putting Murray on to help Maupay. This was a game for the old head of Glenn up against young centre backs who can make errors. It was a game against a team that have been poor at defending set pieces. We didn't win any set pieces. We didn't press their defenders into conceding them.

A very annoying watch because we made them look good by playing the exact way they wanted us to. Its early days, but we have to learn. That was the worst we've been since Potter arrived.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
It's actually a bit embarrassing how bad he is. Even more worrying is that there are people on here who thinks he's a good footballer.

Spot on with the word embarrassing. I couldn't believe it when we extended his contract. Just seems so lazy and clueless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here