Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Barca

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chelsea seem to be more reviled than Manchester United at the moment . Its funny that regular fans outside the Premier League rotate the clubs they hate the most every couple of months with only the choice of Man Utd , Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpool.
I don't mind Arsenal or Liverpool tbh....I admire MU football, if not their players...but Chelsea seem to have a real core of twunts playing for them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I doubt the ref was worried by Drogba, a faint glance and Drogba would have been on his backside.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely Chelsea are not out because of the ref, they are out because Drogba missed a great chance when Anelka played him in. Rather than looking for someone else to give you something, why not ensure you take the chances you create for yourself.

Yoda

English & European
Chelsea seem to be more reviled than Manchester United at the moment . Its funny that regular fans outside the Premier League rotate the clubs they hate the most every couple of months with only the choice of Man Utd , Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpool.

Not me. Can't stand Man U or Liverpool with a passion.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I think Jamie and co in the studio need to accept that none of them were actually pens.

At least theres a different final this year :clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Surely Chelsea are not out because of the ref, they are out because Drogba missed a great chance when Anelka played him in. Rather than looking for someone else to give you something, why not ensure you take the chances you create for yourself.

Or if Drogba stayed on his feet for ONCE they make make chances

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Abramovitch has spent £710 000 000 on Chelsea and still they can't buy the CL

Perhaps he needs to learn it's about heritage :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Not me. All 4 of them can go and rot in hell for me, can't stand any of them in virtually equal measure.

C'mon Barca!

Yoda

English & European
Abramovitch has spent £710 000 000 on Chelsea and still they can't buy the CL

Perhaps he needs to learn it's about heritage :thumbsup:

Bear with me, I'm not a Chelsea fan, but take what they have made from sale's away from that figure and then let me know how much has been spent on transfer fee's.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm a bit worried for Cheryl Coles safety tonight seeing the state Ashley was in, do you think I should pop round and console her?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What game were you watching? :O :eek: :O

It's a FACT! The ref didn't give any of them as penalties, so none of them were penalties. Check the result in the paper tomorrow.

Sod the players. It's the MEDIA that needs to be dressed down as part of the "Respect" campaign. The ref is taking a tonne of abuse from the studio, while there's plenty of excusing Chelsea behaviour at the end as "understandable."

"Unacceptable", and "disgraceful" are words that are getting very little airtime over that behaviour.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Ok there was one handball, the Anelka/Pique one which was on the blind side of the ref.

As for the others

Malouda fell pathetically and shouldn't have had a free kick.
There was nothing in the Drogba Abidal challenge and Drogba's reputation probably went before him.
Ballack at the end was a joke, the player was facing the other way.

Never a foul on Anelka by Abidal either.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
It's a FACT! The ref didn't give any of them as penalties, so none of them were penalties. Check the result in the paper tomorrow.

Sod the players. It's the MEDIA that needs to be dressed down as part of the "Respect" campaign. The ref is taking a tonne of abuse from the studio, while there's plenty of excusing Chelsea behaviour at the end as "understandable."

"Unacceptable", and "disgraceful" are words that are getting very little airtime over that behaviour.

Yeah - would like to see those cnuts give refereeing a go. They would not have a clue...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here