Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea prices

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
With the reduced capacity my initial reaction to the high price for this game was that we would probably still sell out. But looking at sheer qty available and the fact that virtually all sths have had opportunity to purchase, it appears this could be the first real misjudgmement about demand at the Amex. I wonder how much kickback they would also get to a hike if we got promoted. Would 10 to 15% be acceptable? Would they try higher?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've had this debate with my brother. I reckon they are MUGS prices. He reckons the plastics will lap up these tickets. We'll see...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think it's the first thing they've got genuinely wrong since we moved in. If this was a cup game and full price I'd be confident we'd sell out. But to charge £30+ for a pre-season game, regardless of the oppo, is lunacy. I imagine closer to the day they'll reduce prices or offer some sort of deals, but it was optimistic at best to think even the most committed STHs would be happy to shell out top whack for a glorified kickabout.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It will be like a Chelsea home game i reckon! They have already sold their 4k allocation in the West upper and i bet other seats will be Chelsea. For me i am not interested at £30 to see Chelsea reserves................for this reason.............I'm out!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Just can't get excited about a non-competitive game against a Chelsea 'B' Team. Probably wouldn't have bothered if it was £15. Will stay at home and watch the Olympic Handball instead. I wonder if I can still get a take out Amex pie though...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just can't get excited about a non-competitive game against a Chelsea 'B' Team. Probably wouldn't have bothered if it was £15. Will stay at home and watch the Olympic Handball instead. I wonder if I can still get a take out Amex pie though...
I have Bronze medal Handball tix. Can't wait. :drool:

(whereas I couldn't give a tuppenny f*** about the Chelsea game)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Each to his own. I can't get to the Reading game, so this is the only friendly with any half-way decent opposition, and therefore the only reasonable home match between 21st April and 21st August - a gap of FOUR months! We must all be getting above ourselves if we can't be bothered to watch the Albion play the European Champions, FFS.

As for the lack of take-up from STHs, I think the main reason will be holidays. And, if there indeed are several thousand additional Chelsea fans, should make for a cracking atmosphere!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'll be going, I can't make the Reading game and I just want to go to the Stadium of flair. As above, a 4 month gap between home games is far too long so this should fill the void nicely.

It is silly being £30 but as has been said, they will still surely sell out if/when they go on general sale. Can't wait for my pie!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Each to his own. I can't get to the Reading game, so this is the only friendly with any half-way decent opposition, and therefore the only reasonable home match between 21st April and 21st August - a gap of FOUR months! We must all be getting above ourselves if we can't be bothered to watch the Albion play the European Champions, FFS.

As for the lack of take-up from STHs, I think the main reason will be holidays. And, if there indeed are several thousand additional Chelsea fans, should make for a cracking atmosphere!

Good point about them being Eurpeoan Champions - I somehow think if it was Barcelona who have won f*** all this season if people would think differently

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It really won't be their reserves, it's their only friendly in England and the last before the Charity Shield.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
It will be like a Chelsea home game i reckon! They have already sold their 4k allocation in the West upper and i bet other seats will be Chelsea. For me i am not interested at £30 to see Chelsea reserves................for this reason.............I'm out!

Yup spoke to two Chelsea in the pub yesterday. They were asking of its selling out when I said no they said we we will be in the home end then.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Not cant bothered. Can't afford it. Brought a house, getting married and brought a season ticket in east stand upper. And that will be another £30 please if you would like to see said glorified kick about. Should be able to get in at NO extra cost to a pre season friendly or at least half price if STH. Much rather spend the cash on hull away. Competitive league game. No brainer for me really.

Having said that £18-£20 might be tempting. I do want to see it. Just not at the current market rate ta.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
£30 is an OBSCENE price for a friendly and really shows what BHAFC thinks of its loyal supporters.

That is a slanderous statement. You are totally out of order.

The game - against the current European Champions lest we forget (sorry they are English and not Barcelona or someone "foreign and therefore automatically sexy" but that's the way it is) - does not come at no cost to the Albion. We have to pay Chelsea a hefty fee but it won't be their B team that you miss.

The game will sell well - possibly to football fans who are a touch less precious and self-opinionated. Albion wont make a profit but they wont make a substantial loss either which they would if they were concerned to keep you happy. Mind you, if they did then you could slam them for losing money couldn't you?

Maybe we should stick with games against local non-league sides? That will leave us really well prepared for the start of the season........... :nono:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant afford it, will probably be working, my seats already been taken, think going to FDM's Testimonial is more worth while and unhappy at treatment of WSU STHs

Just a few reasons why im not going. Plenty of other chances in the future to watch big teams come to the Amex, can pay the same price then in a competitive game !!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Maybe this was priced as not wanting over subscription due to the reduced capacity. If it was £20 then there is a good chance that there wouldn't be enough to go around to satisfy everybody after Chelsea's allocation and people would be whining about that. As it stands everybody who wants to go, can go (personal finances permitting).

As for Chelsea Reserves, when the fixture was announced Gus said that Matteo had promised at least 45 mins with the first eleven, of course that remains to be seen, for £30 it better be or a few seats are likely to be ripped out of the WSU by the Chelsea faithful. :lol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Who cares if they're European champions???
Fact is most of us don't even like chelsea and we don't like it when they get the best seats in the house for starters and 25% of the capacity.Whats appealing about watching chelsea to us?we're Albion fans and we pay to watch the albion end of.

I'm glad many are giving it a miss:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here