Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Poznan

huge

Mar 23, 2011
What and make us look like the backwards Ipswich fans when they turned up at the Amex with their banner? No thanks.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Take the opportunity to see if it fits in the trophy cabinet :wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When are Chelsea playing Man City next season?

Only asking as I want to be there, so I can see City doing a lap of honour at the Bridge with the Premier League trophy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It seems the people who are most wound up won't be there anyway, I suspect the same people are the one's who got upset and cried when our fans applauded Gerrard when he was warning up last September.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've seen several references to this , what did the banner say ?
372017083.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I plan to stay in the bar and ignore them, especially if TERRY gets his nasty hands on it.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
To be honest I am not that bothered, it is more than likely part of the deal to get them to the Amex! Along with giving them the West Stand Upper! If it gives some of our players experience against some of the Champions League Winners I am all for it. People will f***ing moan, If you are not going don't worry if you are going clap if you want!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not going anyway, but if I was I'd have no problem applauding them with the trophy. That 2nd leg at Barcelona was one of the most memorable and entertaining european nights of pure soccerist DRAMA I have ever seen, it was fantastic entertainment. And then they somehow found a way to win the thing in Munich's back yard as well. They deserved it in the end, not acknowledging that fact would be CHURLISH in my opinion.

Mind you, if Terry was parading around holding it up, then I'd sit down and read the programme. Or maybe go and get another pie.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not going anyway, but if I was I'd have no problem applauding them with the trophy. That 2nd leg at Barcelona was one of the most memorable and entertaining european nights of pure soccerist DRAMA I have ever seen, it was fantastic entertainment. And then they somehow found a way to win the thing in Munich's back yard as well. They deserved it in the end, not acknowledging that fact would be CHURLISH in my opinion.

Mind you, if Terry was parading around holding it up, then I'd sit down and read the programme. Or maybe go and get another pie.

EXACTLY.

If we were playing Munich in a friendly (and they had won the trophy) hardly ANYONE would be complaining if they showed it off.

Yet, because they are ENGLISH we seem to have a hatred.

Let me get straight, I have NO interest in Chelsea but it is a great opportunity to recognise the winners of the Champions league. :clap2:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I wish the club would show more class as they seem to be under the impression that Brighton fans care more about seeing Chelsea and the European Cup, than they are their own team.

No wonder so many fans have decided not to go to the game.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
It's a game with a reduced capacity, where over 20% of tickets have gone to away fans and a number of Chelsea fans have got tickets in the home ends. Whoops indeed.

And my comment referring to people sacking it off refers to a number of season ticket holders who I know, who aren't going.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The WSU need lessons from no-one on how to rock.

Tongue in cheek ???

FFS, the Chelsea brown-nosing on this thread is quite frankly laughable, glad I'm not going.

Not brown nosing myself, I've just never seen the European Cup. Would have gone even if Palace had won the EC.

I wish the club would show more class as they seem to be under the impression that Brighton fans care more about seeing Chelsea and the European Cup, than they are their own team.

No wonder so many fans have decided not to go to the game.

Not sure I get you. Typically (traditionaly) whenever a team plays a game against a much bigger team, the crowds go up and there is increased interest. Why did Withdean sell out completely in 2008 when we played Man City (over 8700 that Wednesday night) when the previous Saturday (that's a Saturday), in arguably a far more important game, we struggled to get 5500 against Wallsall.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's a game with a reduced capacity, where over 20% of tickets have gone to away fans and a number of Chelsea .

Yes. So thats why there are less people going.

We have sold out our allocation. We can't do any more. So you're statement was ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here