Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Plan to Sell The Bridge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My post was not a comparison of the two men, more the fact that Jack Walker invested a load of money into the club to make it successful. Without his money they would still be a lower league club. The fact they could afford Shearer and Dalglish was down to walker. Without Abramovich's money chelsea would not be as successful as they are, as they wouldn't be able to attract the players they have.

One of the earlier posts said that chelsea are to blame for the way players now chose there clubs - i say it started before chelsea, and possibly with Blackburn in 1995.

I think you are throwing stones whilst living in a glass house, as the old proverb goes, if you are a Brighton fan, we are going the same route under TB.

Or maybe you're just making a statement, not having a gripe about it?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think you are throwing stones whilst living in a glass house, as the old proverb goes, if you are a Brighton fan, we are going the same route under TB.

I hardly think you can compare Walker or Abramovich's investment in the playing side to our transfer outlay thus far under Tony Bloom!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hardly think you can compare Walker or Abramovich's investment in the playing side to our transfer outlay thus far under Tony Blooms!

OK we'll just brush the stadium costs and current revenues generated because of them under the carpet and have a whip around for poor little Brighton to buy some players :lolol:

I think we are gonna look like a bunch of cocks if we continue to whinge about other clubs having sugar daddies tbh.

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I hope they f***ing rot!

They started the whole money over pride saga in the first place. They took the pride of playing for a club right out of players and changed the way players now choose their clubs. Pathetic excuse for a football club ruined by a russian idiot! I feel sorry for their real fans! The ones pre 2003!

i totally agree. and it will hopefully precipitate that murderous villain abramovich f***ing off back to that stalinist shithole he's from.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

More that walker started the big spending and backing. If a chairman has no money to spend on players, the club will struggle to be a success. Knight supplied us with a decent bit of cash and we punched above our weight. Bloom is investing more, and i would think expecting more - which is what he is getting (5th in the championship).

Now with the tv rights and parachute payments, money is a big part of football, and controls the game.

My original point was, it was not Abramovich that started this.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Did they not suggest some years ago that they were going to sell up and looked at buildinga ground on what is or was Chelsea Barracks.

The Chelsea Barracks redevelopment was held up by various objections such as height of the buildings, inability to cope with extra traffic etc.

It would never have been approved for a football ground as it's in the middle of a conservation are where lots of the residents are architechts/lawyers/planners etc and knew their stuff enough to be able to put together a strong and well-coordinated objection.

As is likely to happen anywhere within a decent radius of Chelsea.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep wouldn't trust Abramovich, with hundreds of millions at stake here could easily do a bill archer:wanker: on them if he gets hold of the ground and makes a deal with Fulham/QPR owners to share.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The new ground is going to be called Senlac Hill (Exclusive).

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Cant believe there gonna bulldoze 10 years of history, just like that.

Notification of an extraordinary general meeting, to be held on 27 October, has been issued to the 12,000 CPO shareholders. The club will need to secure the support of 50% of those in attendance if their offer is to be accepted.

Assuming that not all 12,000 members will be able to attend on any one day, how can it be that a motion could be passed with a minority vote?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Insurance policy against Abramovich? They were purchased long before he came along.
Why would they end up in the mire? Money is there to build new stadium (in as yet to be defined place but will be local according to every report) and the money they would get from selling the land would be huge in that area

Because Abramovich ISN'T saying to CPO you sell this land and own the pitch at my shiny new stadium, is he. He';s saying sell me the pitch, I'll sell the ground and build you a shiny new stadium, in that order ... why worry, sounds familiar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here