Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
absolutely staggering…

sooner or later someone has to
put a stop to this

What absolutely staggers me is that we are 17th on £648m

I just had a moment of clarity

I just flashed back to throwing change in a bucket

bugger me thats a remarkable stat, even if its totally logical and expected, given our rise.

Im off for a lie down!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They only paid because Chelsea bought João Felix off them, who they'd be trying to shift off their books for a while (and who Chelsea had passed up on just one year ago 🙄).
I wonder if that's why they took Sanchez off our hands- an attempt to sweeten the deal for Caicedo by taking on a player we wanted rid of (I know it went through before the Caicedo deal, but maybe their thinking was that we'd be more willing to negotiate if they did us a favour, idk). Surely they didn't actually think he'd be good enough to be number one for a team that apparently has title-chasing ambitions, regardless of Roberts' opinion?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Unbelievable.

Toxic disgrace of a club, you can’t treat basically a squad of 15/20 professional players like this. The Sterling thing is almost constructive dismissal.

They are a stain on English football. I never thought I’d say this about any established, historic English football club, but I really wish they would go under and disappear forever.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What absolutely staggers me is that we are 17th on £648m

I just had a moment of clarity

I just flashed back to throwing change in a bucket

bugger me thats a remarkable stat, even if its totally logical and expected, given our rise.

Im off for a lie down!
Saw a list over top 30 a few weeks ago, no Brighton. Thought "can't be far off"... climbed a bit since then apparently!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Equally why did they all sign for Chelsea who had too many players in the first place. If they were dumb arsed enough to sign 7 or 8 year contracts f*** em.
It's a contract which means protection of income. If someone offered you a job at a stupid salary guaranteed for 8 years I'm sure you give it some serious consideration. Dumb from the point of view of the club but then they thought they were pulling a fast one in terms of P&SR but it's coming back to bite them on the arse. They can't just cancel contracts so they either have to sell the players and for those players to agree to go, or they pay off the contracts which would be a massive hit to P&SR.

HyperTony

May 20, 2023
Did I hear right (5Live)?
Chelsea don't have enough academy players to fulfill the Europa Conference League rules which starts Thursday 22 August.
You must have 4 in the squad.

Doesn't this work for them though as they would be in breach of UEFA PSR rules?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I don’t think this is Maresca ‘making his mark’ it’s him carrying out the instructions from the top which is to try and force high earners out of the club by freezing them out and treating them poorly. Imagine the PFA will have something to say about this as others have said as good as constructive dismissal.

Why any player chooses to go that ‘project’ is beyond me and what exactly is the project anyway to see how many billions you can spend and still onlycompete at mid table in the PL? Who can hand out the longest contract in PL history?

This latest manager will be gone by Xmas or perhaps be made to sit in the naughty corner with the other high earners who the club want out

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Here's hoping other clubs start completely lowballing these fuckers for their players. Nobody should offer anywhere near asking price.

Other clubs should just stop signing Chelsea players, period. Not even taking them on loans. Let them be stuck there for a year and maybe in future players would start to think twice before signing with them.

I know most players especially those like Sterling who were at the club before all this madness started don't deserve that treatment but only then some measures against the club would maybe be taken. This has gone too far.

Now they've bought another player, Nanasi from Malmo. He's going to Strasbourg but it's obvious Chelsea is behind his signing. Strasbourg have spent over €90m since last summer when BlueCo/Boehly purchased the club. Before that they could only spend money if they've made a big sale (mostly their own academy products like Youssouf Fofana and Mohamed Simakan).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Chelsea don't have enough academy players to fulfill the Europa Conference League rules which starts Thursday 22 August.
We named Jack Hinshelwood as one of our 4 club trained players last season even though he’s still young enough and eligible for the UEFA b list. I’m sure Chelsea will have some youngsters they can name in the same way.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Looks like they are all turning up for training this morning.

IMG_0006.jpeg

FCB

Sep 1, 2023

You can also leave open spot(s) if you don't have enough homegrown players (either HG at club or in country). But they can just register a kid or two from their academy to fulfill these spots if needed. Might as well give them some experience playing against solid but not elite European teams.

Bigger problem is they will probably have to leave one or two first team players out of the ECL squad. But luckily for them it's just the Conference league so some players might not even be that bothered not playing this competition.

They could also keep an important player or two out of group stage games to keep him/them fresh for EPL and then maybe register them in January to play in KO - they should definitely go through in this new format or they have much bigger problems anyway, i.e they'll be looking for a new coach in few months. Would clearly be a different story if they would be in the Champions league where all players want to play.

Ofc leaving a player out of your European squad won't have good consequences for overall team morale. Have experience with that from FM (which is really more a morale manager than football manager these days) when I sometimes can't register one or two of my players. Usually just leave out low influentual players as they are less likely to cause problems.

But I think registering players for ECL won't be Chelsea's main concern in next 10 days. Offloading those 15-20 players who are training with the U21 will be a priority. And probably buying 5 new players as well knowing how they operate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently a DULLARD was on TalkSport this morning explaining how Chelsea did it but the audience was so bored they all turned over to Thought for the Day on Radio 4 instead, where the thought was “How do we keep this twat off the radio”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here