Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chelsea lose again! when will they be after gus?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Gold and Sullivan will not worry if West Ham are relegated as the parachute payments will get them back up next season and possibly their high earners are on a contract tied to being in the Premiership. Relegation would enable them to cancel those contracts and then get promotion again next season, so I think they will stick with Grant.

There are no managers available either employed in the Prem or out of work who would fit the criteria required for Liverpool or Chelsea.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Sorry but that is a stupid comment. Clearly they would mind being relegated - the Championship is not an easy league to get out of even with a budget.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But why would Gus be no2 to wise when he is no1 here imho we will have Gus and Tanno for at least 18 months and whwn he leaves it will be both go together untill Tanno wants to be no1 exactly same as wise/ Gus

I agree his days as a number 2 are over and I would suspect his working with Wise also. I am sure I read that Wise was the football adviser to the consortium that have bought Charlton. We bothabout W agree est Sham with Gold and Sullivan pulling the strings and Karen Brady controlling the puppets.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am pretty confident Clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool wouldn't go for someone with (a) such short managerial experience and (b) at a third division club. They have to appoint someone who has an international reputation so as to maintain their prospects of signing top players. You're not going to attract the likes of Kaka, or Benzema with a bloke in charge whose name isn't that well known.

Their egos demand a big name.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry but that is a stupid comment. Clearly they would mind being relegated - the Championship is not an easy league to get out of even with a budget.

Gold and Sullivan are business men and I read that Keiron Dyer is on over £70k a week hence he wont go out on loan. £70k per week ios over £360k per year and if there are others on the same or more it make sense to do anything to cancel their contracts.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gold and Sullivan are business men and I read that Keiron Dyer is on over £70k a week hence he wont go out on loan. £70k per week ios over £360k per year and if there are others on the same or more it make sense to do anything to cancel their contracts.

£3.6 million not £360k :lolol:

Isn't football GREAT, when someone like Dyer, who has spent most of the past three years drinking in pubs and being injured, still makes £3.6 million per year. I love it.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
That s right BG get rid of high earners ie Upson, green Dyer, pinAMINTE (What ever his name is ) dont worry about parker he will be left by 31/1/11

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Yes but surely the parachute payments do not get anywhere near covering the money made from televised games and the higher gates - even if some wages are high?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but surely the parachute payments do not get anywhere near covering the money made from televised games and the higher gates - even if some wages are high?

The Boleyn Ground or Upton Park which ever you prefer, does not hold suifficient to worry about that as the crowds for a side winning the championship would be as a side struggling in the prem. Didnt I read that Pompey got someting like £40m in parachute payments. They would do next season what Newcastle did last and probably be on TV more than they would this season= more TV revenue.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Well i'm not at all an expert but it still sounds ludicrous to me that they would not mind going down. As I said before the Championship is not an easy league to get promoted from and I also can't see how it benefits Gold & Sullivan as owners. But if someone could prove that wrong I would happily accept it.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Birmingham went dowmn the season they took over and came back up within 2 years much stronger financally (sp)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Dyer, Upson Green and Picqantte are on much the same money witha couple of years left on their contracts thats is a saving of approx £20m plus their respective transfer values if sold during January could be another £10 -£15m plus parachute payments of £40m = £70m+ quite a good earn for 1 season in the Championship.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Birmingham went dowmn the season they took over and came back up within 2 years much stronger financally (sp)

It seems risky though and they're helped financially by the takeover. Sure the fans wouldn't take a relegation without an effort well either.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
The players can try as hard as they like, but with rookie gk, defender, midfielder and forward relegation would happen. fans would moan but would still turn up week in week out proved by us when we moved to gillingham

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Martin O'Neill will end up somewhere and there are plenty of more experienced managers available than our Mr Poyet.

Think it will be carnage in the next week or so for managers in the Premiership though

Ancellotti, Hodgeson and Grant must be 3 certainties by the end of the week

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Where will all these replacement managers come from? is there a factory churning them out?
Soon it will be impossible to sack them as it will be impossible to replace them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here