Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea keeper refuses to be subbed what do you do as the manager?

Go all out Fergie or put an arm round his shoulder?

• Transfer him

Votes: 95 47.7%
  • Keep faith in the young man

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Put him on the bench

Votes: 99 49.7%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
F*&k him off into training with the Youth Team for a couple of weeks, and he gets nowhere near the team until he realises what he's done.

Tbh, I'd also be having a serious word with my captain. As the manager, you can't step on the field, so your captain is your lieutenant on the field. All very well comparing this to how Sir Alex would have ramped the hairdryer up to max, but the truth is, Roy Keane would have dragged the bloke off by the hair if necessary.

The whole thing is rotten at Chelsea, with the players ruling the players, and it's been like that for YEARS.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cesar Azpilicueta - "I was on the other side of the pitch, so I had no idea what was happening".

Bottled it. David Luiz told him to respect the manager, which he did not. There are no leaders in the Chelsea team, or the Chelsea dugout. After the referee spoke with Kepa, and then with Sarri, he should have gone over, told the keeper he was coming off and booked him for timewasting. Had he continued to behave as he was, a second yellow should have been threatened and then brandished. Total disrespect.

But you can't sack the man, he cost £71million in the summer and is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

The ref couldn't have done this because the laws of the game don't allow it. The referee actually didn't need to speak to the keeper or the manager, as soon as the player refused to leave the field of play, the only sanction the referee has is to restart the game.

If the game is prevented from restarting, THEN the referee could have booked whoever was preventing the restart, however that is under a different law and not actually anything to do with the substitution. As it was, Kepa wasn't preventing the restart, he was ready to carry on, so couldn't have been booked.

Look up Law 3. It has been posted before.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8791980]I thought Abramovich wasn't able to enter the UK due to his VISA expiring and not being yet granted a new one?
Yes, that's right. UK government started being a bit picky about giving out visas to Russians after Salisbury. He can't come back to watch them.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Can someone explain to me how the hell a goalkeeper can get cramp ?

Stress is a factor in cramp, along with fatigue and dehydration. Can very easily see how a very young keeper, in a cup final in front of 80,000 people, knowing that penalty kicks are two minutes away, might cramp up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Manager proved he's not up to the job. Should have gone on the pitch and dragged the stroppy little f*cker off by the scruff of the neck. He'd have earnt the respect of the footballing world. Instead... Oh well :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Manager proved he's not up to the job. Should have gone on the pitch and dragged the stroppy little f*cker off by the scruff of the neck. He'd have earnt the respect of the footballing world. Instead... Oh well :shrug:

Think someone else mentioned it, but would love to have seen Brian Clough deal with it.

'Ey, you lad, get off the ****ing pitch now, **** off down the tunnel, get ****ing changed and **** off out of my club'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stress is a factor in cramp, along with fatigue and dehydration. Can very easily see how a very young keeper, in a cup final in front of 80,000 people, knowing that penalty kicks are two minutes away, might cramp up.

He's 24 so hardly a "very young keeper". He's played 50+ games in La Liga and represented his country at every level including senior. Have Chelsea really just spent £71m on a goalkeeper who gets cramp at the prospect of penalties ?

Mmmkay.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He's 24 so hardly a "very young keeper". He's played 50+ games in La Liga and represented his country at every level including senior. Have Chelsea really just spent £71m on a goalkeeper who gets cramp at the prospect of penalties ?

Mmmkay.

Indeed. And he winked at the camera just a few minutes later. Looked pretty chilled to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, that's right. UK government started being a bit picky about giving out visas to Russians after Salisbury. He can't come back to watch them.

Didnt he,Abramovich apply for Cypriot citizenship which would allow him to come in as a Euro citizen. I dont know whether or not he got it but Cyprus is full of money laundering Russians allegedly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didnt he,Abramovich apply for Cypriot citizenship which would allow him to come in as a Euro citizen. I dont know whether or not he got it but Cyprus is full of money laundering Russians allegedly.

No it was Israel - he’s now an Israeli citizen (he exercised the Jewish ‘right of return’), so can enter the UK without a Visa.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No it was Israel - he’s now an Israeli citizen (he exercised the Jewish ‘right of return’), so can enter the UK without a Visa.
Yes, Def now has an Israeli passport but I think he has not set foot on Stamford Bridge this season yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here