Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea isn't Brighton

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The thread title might be stating the bleedin' obvious but the one difference between us and Chelsea is expectation. If Potter got upset with 30 or so clowns booing after Leeds at home, annoyed with comments on here during lockdown football and questions over his ability then he needs to multiply that by about 10,000.

If he does well then all will be good. But the minimum requirement there is Champions League final four, at least one domestic trophy and winning fairly much every home game.

I can't see him doing that personally.

Their new owners seem sensible but can they win the fans over to a project?

Yes, I know I demanded more here but I was demanding more that one home win in a calendar year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The thread title might be stating the bleedin' obvious but the one difference between us and Chelsea is expectation. If Potter got upset with 30 or so clowns booing after Leeds at home, annoyed with comments on here during lockdown football and questions over his ability then he needs to multiply that by about 10,000.

If he does well then all will be good. But the minimum requirement there is Champions League final four, at least one domestic trophy and winning fairly much every home game.

I can't see him doing that personally.

Their new owners seem sensible but can they win the fans over to a project?

Yes, I know I demanded more here but I was demanding more that one home win in a calendar year.

I was going to say I look forward to seeing how a 12 game non-winning streak will go down with the Burberry-wearing chavs, but it wouldn’t be 12. If he thinks a handful of mild-mannered hipsters gently booing for failing to net one of 35 chances in a 0-0 is harsh, he might need to thicken his skin a bit,

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It's interesting the new owners have staked their reputation on Potter. It's risky for them and him. It's all well and good giving him a promise of time but the added dynamics of them newly having taken over the club and wanting their DNA on it adds a bit of extra pressure with fans not known for being relaxed about failure these days. How the next couple of Champions League games go could well set a tone that's either positive or hard to come back from. Get knocked out in the group stages and the pressure is really on for the top 4 and a decent cup run.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I hate chelsea more than palace! Palace r like us real fans! Not glory hunters , both us and palace have loads of glory hunters living amongst us! Chelsea took part of our club and reading their website r not even that excited about it!!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As he's no longer part of our club I hope he fails miserably because that in turn means Chelsea are failing miserably and that is good for football.

It's not like Chelsea or their fans deserve any success.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
his first problem will be getting all those Prima Donna players to buy into his ways …..

Yes, I was thinking just that. Who the hell is Potter to tell a bunch of multi million pound players how to play football?
Shame Potter has sold his soul, I quite liked the bloke when he was here.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
it is a tad ironic isn’t it. When appointed TB and GP set out on a mutual project. GP was no instant success, indeed at times anything but with many people suggesting he should be binned off. Despite all that TB remained loyal and demonstrated his commitment to the project. By doing so supported the wobbly platform for GP to achieve his side of the partnership.

Turn the clock a few hundred revolutions and project Potter began to pay off. Results came and little old Brighton started to achieve. TB’s steadiness helped increase GP’s stock and indeed helped the way GP was seen as one of the medias new hot properties.

Then, just when the rewards of the special project started bearing fruit, the big soulless money bags clubs come sniffing and wave untold riches at GP. Temptation was just too great for GP and off he buggers. Sad that his integrity doesn’t seem to reflect the commitment that TB showed him in the not so good times.

Ah well, money inevitably shakes another persons character and swallows them whole. Shame GP,shame.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was going to say I look forward to seeing how a 12 game non-winning streak will go down with the Burberry-wearing chavs, but it wouldn’t be 12. If he thinks a handful of mild-mannered hipsters gently booing for failing to net one of 35 chances in a 0-0 is harsh, he might need to thicken his skin a bit,

He did seem quite touchy and sensitive to, the justified, criticism at the time. Will be fun seeing how he copes with huge expectations and short patience from that lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Try getting Aubameyang to track back or play left wing back when needed ! Good luck with that!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh I see that a big club has promised their new manager a long term chance to sort things out.

Wonder how that worked for David Moyes. Or Ralph Ragnik. Or Unai Emery. Or Roberto Mancini. Or Brendan Rogers. Or Frank Lampard. Or…

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I've got a feeling this will end badly. Chelsea just doesn't seem like a good fit for him.
Maybe the new owners will be more patient but when they have a bad run, and they will, every club does, the booing starts and he criticises the fans things will go toxic very quickly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got a feeling this will end badly. Chelsea just doesn't seem like a good fit for him.
Maybe the new owners will be more patient but when they have a bad run, and they will, every club does, the booing starts and he criticises the fans things will go toxic very quickly.

Here's hoping.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Here's hoping.

Well he has shown he doesn't take criticism very well. A few booing it's not like the way the entitled masses of Chelsea fans can be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well he has shown he doesn't take criticism very well. A few booing it's not like the way the entitled masses of Chelsea fans can be.

The sad thing is, I wished him well. Disappointed and all that, gutted in fact. But CL football with a top 4 side (even though he won't last the first bad run). He'll get his 10 platinum Lamborghini's and a yacht the size of the Ark Royal. Congrats.

But since he's come in and PILLAGED our entire coaching staff and chief recruiter - well, f*ck you Graham. F*ck you and the horse you rode in on. I hope you and Chelsea crash and Dan burn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here