Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Handbags

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The players were asked to move on so the groundstaff could start repairing the ground. I'd be fascinated to know what would happen to the ground if it had been repaired 30 minutes later.

Yeah can't stand them, especially after what Whiteside did to Ramsey in front of me and a few others.

It makes it all a BIT rich when the brave knight Sir Ferguson whinges that refs aren't giving United a fair crack.
TWO penalty shouts for Chelsea, and one given.
One shout for United's Carrick turned out to be a foul he did on a Chelsea player that caused him to be off balance.

Not to be biased against Manure particularly, but when actual reality is seen to have taken place except not in their favour - they call foul!

Not unlike Arsenal either, watching Adebeyor score with his arm, then listening to Wenger bemoaning referees!

The players were asked to move on so the groundstaff could start repairing the ground. I'd be fascinated to know what would happen to the ground if it had been repaired 30 minutes later.

Howabout - the staff having to work later, club having to pay them more, missing their own deadlines and commitments and perhaps not having done their job properly because of fading light?
Why are one set of professionals more important than another set of professionals, just because they are famous, on tv and newspapers? Is Evra suddenly a member of some royal family that every person should bow and scrape for?
If that IS the case, perhaps you would like to recognize and put your hands up for Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, Paris Hilton, and then lay down your best tunic so they won't get their feet dirty.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is there any reason they had to warm down ON the pitch? They could quite easily have moved onto the sidelines to do their running and stretching so the ground staff could work on the pitch couldn't they?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Howabout - the staff having to work later, club having to pay them more, missing their own deadlines and commitments and perhaps not having done their job properly because of fading light?

The club would have to pay them more?! This is Chelsea we're talking about! I don't think Drogba will be going short on his £80k a week because the groundsman has stuck an hours overtime in.

Not doing the job because of fading light? Wasn't it a 12.30 kick off? All done by 2.30, even if United were on the pitch until 3.30 it would still give them 4 and a half hours to tuck a few divots in, plus Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and all of Wednesday until their next game.

It is common practice to let teams 'warm down' after matches, it even happens at Hastings where the lights are left on until teams have finished despite it costing the club a fair amount of cash.

The fact is nobody really knows what happened but my guess is the gobshite groundsman suffers from the same social skills as the groundsman at the County Ground and got the hump that someone was using his football pitch as a football pitch.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Why are one set of professionals more important than another set of professionals, just because they are famous, on tv and newspapers? Is Evra suddenly a member of some royal family that every person should bow and scrape for?
If that IS the case, perhaps you would like to recognize and put your hands up for Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, Paris Hilton, and then lay down your best tunic so they won't get their feet dirty.

I didn't say they were more important, its just that footballers were using the pitch for a game of football and a warm down is a big part of football nowadays and once they have finished, then the groundsman gets to work.

Having seen the state of the pitch at Stamford Bridge over the last few years, I would say 'looking after it' comes pretty low on the groundsmans list of priorities anyway.

Christ knows what you're talking about with that last bit.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Aparantly the ground staff were cutting the grass end to end and the players were running side to side and getting in the way of the ground staff.

The ground staff asked the players if they could move to a diffrent part of the pitch(not asking them to LEAVE it) and then Evra gobbed off to them saying something about warming down where he wants to and then it all kicked off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here