Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Handbags

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Dirty Chelsea, using their groundstaff to rub salt into the wounds of United players. I really f***ing hope United have the last laugh.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Did that groundstaff member proper clock Evra? Can't really tell by the photos.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Errrr... I was under the impression players are usually entitled to a warmdown without some cockney twat trying to LAMP them!

It's Chelsea's ground so when they want them off CHELSEA property they are entitled to ask them to move on. Typical arrogance of anyone associated with Man Utd.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's Chelsea's ground so when they want them off CHELSEA property they are entitled to ask them to move on. Typical arrogance of anyone associated with Man Utd.

Most clubs allow players of opposing teams to warm down after a game. It's important that players get the time to do it for their own fitness. Where are they meant to do it? On the coach/train/plane home?? :shrug:

I'm sure no other clubs have this trouble at Stamford Bridge.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Most clubs allow players of opposing teams to warm down after a game. It's important that players get the time to do it for their own fitness. Where are they meant to do it? On the coach/train/plane home?? :shrug:

I'm sure no other clubs have this trouble at Stamford Bridge.

If Mr. chelsea groudstaff wants to do his job properly, he has every right to ask the move. It's not as if the whole squad was out there.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
as I understand it there are fairly strict FA rules regarding warm up and warm down periods. Clubs can be reported and fined for breach of said rules.

i am sure it wont be the first time that a bit of winding up occurred as they trotted past. quite funny actually. fear for the staff involved though.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If anyone sees anything on You Tube get it on here; I reckon that big lump chins Evra. (Big unemployed lump very soon).

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
although the Man Utd players involved didn't actually play, so why do they need a warm down?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Errrr... I was under the impression players are usually entitled to a warmdown without some cockney twat trying to LAMP them!
Errrr,,, I was under the impression female stewards were allowed to do the job they are paid to do with being kicked by some overated merced cockney manc twat...

No, no, that's not true. Players are able to 'warm down' courtesy of the ground.
Ground Staffare there doing a job for the club or ground-owners.
If they, in their duties or responsibilities, decide and require that players move along - then they should jolly-well MOVE their arses like they were asked to do.

It's like a concert hall having a band there, and the roadies or band decide they'll have a little play with the instruments after the show is finished. It might happen, but if the hall janitor prefers that young Noel Gallagher quit it and unplug so he can get his job done, I imagine he's entitled to ask for that.
The chances are, some of these players (Prem especially) think themselves important and 'require' that everyone else (being 'minions') stand back in awe of them.
The ground-staff have a job to do as well! When they are doing their job as paid to do, they're the 'important' ones and have every right to carry out their work.

When we hosted Southend I recall a couple of their sub players wellying the ball at each other as 'practice', while children and elderly were still clearing the South Stands. What should happen; let them carry on, 'til they miss the ball and have it hit someone on the head at full belt - or ask them to desist from that activity?

Granted, there may be a different side to this story, we are no more educated to the details than everyone else who wasn't there. But looking at those pictures, I hardly think that a poor innocent united player was unduly attacked by groundstaff!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here