Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea fans will be banned if they throw celery!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Chelsea ban celery supporters

:lolol:

LONDON (Reuters) - Chelsea warned their fans on Friday against throwing celery during matches, saying it was a criminal offence and that anyone caught lobbing the popular salad vegetable could be banned.

The unlikely warning follows referee reports which mention celery-throwing at two recent Chelsea matches and which are being investigated by the Football Association, the club said on its Web site (www.chelseafc.com).

The FA's investigation could result in sanctions being taken against the club, who said "the throwing of anything at a football match, including celery, is a criminal offence for which you can be arrested and end up with a criminal record.

"In future, if anyone is found attempting to bring celery into Stamford Bridge they could be refused entry and anyone caught throwing celery will face a ban."

The club also urged fans who spot anyone throwing celery in the stadium to call a telephone number, adding that "all calls will be treated in confidence."

Though apparently a growing problem with it landing on the pitch, Chelsea fans have been throwing celery among themselves, and singing an unprintable song about the vegetable, for more than two decades.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/16032007/80-132/chelsea-warn-fans-celery-throwing.html

Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Now call me crazy, but I seem to remember Peperamis being thrown around the North Stand to the "tune" of 'Salami, Salami' instead of 'Blue Army'.

Or is my mind playing tricks on me again :smokin: :down:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
eastlondonseagull said:
Anyone know why they throw the bloody things in the first place? ???

Because watching sterile premiership football by a bunch of players that believe their own hype and that the general public can't relate to has resulted in celery being their only real pleasure at matches?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We threw celery around in about 1987, typical bloody cockney sparrows to be 20 years behind the sarf coast.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Gully said:
We threw celery around in about 1987, typical bloody cockney sparrows to be 20 years behind the sarf coast.
And at a game at the start of this season in H block..:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here