Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea "Fans" On The Train

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On my way to the game today, as we passed Falmer and so our lovely new home, I heard the two blokes behind me (both middle aged and wearing Chelsea shirts) start a conversation about The Albion containing the following gem:

"Yeah, I think Brighton have got some ex-Chelsea player managing them now. Can't think of his name, but I reckon he's Venezuelan or something".

I can only presume they are Abramovich-era fans, as surely anyone who had supported the club for any length of time, not to mention them living in Sussex so surely must have some exposure to Albion news, would know Gus' name if not his nationality? It's not like he was a bit-part and so easily forgotten player when he was there FFS.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What's the point in supporting a team when you know nothing about them. I don't gettit, is it so you can have make believe banter over a few pints of fosters as you watch sky sports in the pub. What a load of shit.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Brighton is FULL of armchair man utd, chelsea and liverpool fans!!!

Quiet a few of them on my facebook have suddenly post loads of albion support and have season tickets for falmer next year!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Outside possibility they were having a wind-up conversation? Like between mates, who jokingly pretend to know nothing, with a view to taking the piss out of someone else who genuinely doesn't? Sounds like a deliberately ignorant observation for comic purposes. IMO!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Outside possibility they were having a wind-up conversation? Like between mates, who jokingly pretend to know nothing, with a view to taking the piss out of someone else who genuinely doesn't? Sounds like a deliberately ignorant observation for comic purposes. IMO!

Possibly, but I'm not convinced.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mind you, I had someone grumbling about "all these Chelsea fans" as I walked up St James' Street, presumably as my B-Cal shirt didn't register in his head as an Albion shirt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here