Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea bid £70m for Torres

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Chelsea Bid 70m for Torres

Enough reports around to make this look true.

Torres and Drogba as a strikeforce is a terrifying thought.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
i heard rumours of joe cole going the other way? not sure if it'd be part of the same deal or not

torres and drogba would embarrass the WORLD.......don't forget they'd also have ANELKA on the bench!

liverpool would be f***ed......not gonna find another torres are they

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i heard rumours of joe cole going the other way? not sure if it'd be part of the same deal or not

liverpool would be f***ed......not gonna find another torres are they

Pretty sure that would be a separate deal, as pretty much every paper is reporting the 70m bid and not mentioning Cole. I'm guessing Chelsea are thinking if they chuck enough money at Liverpool the owners will overrule any decision by Rafa, as they still need the money.

Liverpool are already f**ked.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why would Joe Cole be included in any deal? His contract is up at the end of the season.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Joe Cole is a free agent this summer, so he'll be off to whereever he fancies. I have seen rumours linking him to Manchester United, West Ham and also Liverpool.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Interesting that Chelsea are bidding now, with Man City still not sure whether or not a CL is theirs.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
If he goes, he'll public enemy #2 (behind Gary Neville) in Liverpool :lolol:

But then again, i hate Chelsea, I don't want them to be successful in the slightest!!!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Joe Cole is a free agent this summer, so he'll be off to whereever he fancies. I have seen rumours linking him to Manchester United, West Ham and also Liverpool.
somehow cant see him going to west ham, he's a saucy bastard though, he's hardly played in the last 18 months and when he has he's been shit , and he's demanding a rise !!

The rumour I've heard from a relative of Joe Cole is that he's looking for a small raise of around £5k per week to sign a new contract, however that was around 3 or 4 months back, so he may have changed his mind, however have only met said relative the once.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
If that's true, given Liverpools financial situation, they won't be able to turn that down.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
If the bin-dippers do sell him and the full £70m does not go to Benitez to *strengthen* the team, then he'll be off too.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
To be honest even if Liverpool did sell I can't see Torres wanting to go to Chelsea.

He has stated several times in the past that he would only leave Liverpool for a club abroad and not another Premiership team and it isn't as if he's going to be short of offers.

I'd say it's more likely that he goes back to Spain

Oct 25, 2003
To be honest even if Liverpool did sell I can't see Torres wanting to go to Chelsea.

He has stated several times in the past that he would only leave Liverpool for a club abroad and not another Premiership team and it isn't as if he's going to be short of offers.

barcelona?

they might get rid of zlatan

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

would they pay £70 mio for him though ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Personally, I can't see Drogba and Torres working that well in the same side. Maybe thats why I'm not a football manager though.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Blimey, so Torres is worth 20 million ridge less than our stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here