Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea - behind closed doors friendly?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Maybe this is the big North v South game?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Apparently Boehly's using the game to tap up the Albion tealady and 2 of the car parking attendants.

The buyout clause is rumoured to contain 40 PG Tips pyramid teabags, half a packet of HobNobs and a traffic cone.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I suspect this is BS - I'm pretty sure I remember Paul Barber saying that the Premier League don't allow friendlies during the season - i think someone asked at the fans forum about friendlies in the international breaks before. Even if it was allowed, I would be highly surprised if the Albion entertained the idea - They have little to gain compared to Chelsea - No new manager to see how players perform, shop window for Chelsea to further review who they might want to rip from our hearts, no income, potential bad feeling from the fans - And would it help the players if theywere stuffed 4/5-0 by their old manager?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! Build up good relations with a top 4 club.

As strange as it may seem, we’ve now got very good connections at the club which could be very useful in the fullness of time.

If true…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I suspect this is BS - I'm pretty sure I remember Paul Barber saying that the Premier League don't allow friendlies during the season - i think someone asked at the fans forum about friendlies in the international breaks before. Even if it was allowed, I would be highly surprised if the Albion entertained the idea - They have little to gain compared to Chelsea - No new manager to see how players perform, shop window for Chelsea to further review who they might want to rip from our hearts, no income, potential bad feeling from the fans - And would it help the players if theywere stuffed 4/5-0 by their old manager?

27 or 28 days without playing a game and then go to Anfield to play a match fit Liverpool... not recommended.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

The international break hasn’t started and there is nothing stopping behind closed door friendlies being played during the season. Liverpool and Villa were due to play a day or so after the opening game of the season to allow more players to get match fitness. The game ended up being called off due to Liverpool having a mounting injury list and the risk being considered too high for the fringe players who may have been involved then needing to cover those first team injuries.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The international break hasn’t started and there is nothing stopping behind closed door friendlies being played during the season. Liverpool and Villa were due to play a day or so after the opening game of the season to allow more players to get match fitness. The game ended up being called off due to Liverpool having a mounting injury list and the risk being considered too high for the fringe players who may have been involved then needing to cover those first team injuries.

Man City played Barcelona on 24th August in a charity game at the Nou Camp, 91,000 people in attendance.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
sure it would be weird, then so would Man U/Leeds. Man U to play a friendly with Liverpool? :lol:
just seeing there are other options if the reasoning is to have a game for fitness. Brighton/Leeds, Palace/ManU, Chelsea/Liverpool, call it the South-North Multi-match. :jester:

We can make our own league, for the clubs The Man deemed "too dangerous" to play this weekend.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! Build up good relations with a top 4 club.

As strange as it may seem, we’ve now got very good connections at the club which could be very useful in the fullness of time.

If true…

It's actually a mix of two Chelsea sides playing on a nice pitch so Potter can take a look at some of his new squad in the comfort of those nice seats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here