Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea - Barca

Not much too say but what a classic game:D

But with sides worth probably £200m together, can't they get a decent defence:D

Particularly tense when Lampard went to the flag to slow up play and f***** up:nono:

imagine the flak he would have got:lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A truly unbelievable game. The first half has to be one of the greatest 45 minutes of football I have seen. 2nd half didn't disappoint either.

I'm exhausted.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not fair. I don't get to watch these games anymore, being on the other side of the world it means they're on in the morning while I'm at work. :angry:

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
That was an unbelievable match, just what European football should be all about. Thank God they changed the structure of the competition so that it's a straight (well, two-legged) knock-out now rather than another league system like it was before.

That Ronaldinho goal was pure class, mind you if it had happened on a Sunday League pitch you would have said it was a lucky toe-punt.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Agree with all of that. It was awesome.

One day, one day, that will be from the Falmer.

I not a particular fan of 'big bucks' footy, but what pleases me is the performance of the England lads.

Why John Terry isn't an automatic choice, baffles me.

Much as tried to keep my focus on the Championship teletext scores, this game sort of won out :)

Brilliant, brilliant stuff and I have to say Barca were very unlucky having dominated both games with their passing and ability to keep ther ball - two great chances to kill the game not taken too.

Ronaldhino - what geniuousity - surely unquestionably the greatest player on the planet?

Joe Cole I thought was outstanding too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a cracking game of football.

It was a shame someone had to lose.

Found myself shouting "Yes" when Terry's winner went in!

Top game!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What a game.

Great to see three English lads as three of the best players on the park. Terry has grown into England's best centre back imo, and Lampard our best midfielder. I never really rated Joe Cole that highly but he's playing very well now too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ronaldinho goal was awesome, especially in slow motion - a real piece of quality.

Well done Chelski and good luck in the last eight.

E

enigma

London Irish said:

Joe Cole I thought was outstanding too.

Yes he was. I was so pleased for him, I have followed his career from an early age. While he does have a tendency to give the ball away cheaply on occasions, this seems to be happening less and less these days and the defensive side of his game has improved notably this season.

What really frustrates me regarding Cole is people's attitude towards him. People would rather chastise him for what he can't do rather than look at him as one of the biggest talents this country has produced in recent years, and one of the best dribblers in the league.I think if he played in Italy or Spain, where teams would play more to his strengths and give him more freedom to play, he would be even better. I hope he does well at Chelsea but I fear that when Robben comes back he'll be back on the bench.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Buzza said:

Top game!

I did too - I normally reserve that for Albion (if i'm not there) or England only............

........but, alas, the Goofy twat pissed me off - get a dentist, please.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Buzza said:
What a cracking game of football.

It was a shame someone had to lose.

Top game!

Sums it up for me

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Me too, I support all the English clubs in Europe even though I dislike Arse and ManU. Found myself more involved then usual tonight!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I tried to watch it as a neutral but have to admit that I really got into it and bieng amongst a great many Chelsea fans in my local I couldn't help but get excited by Terry's great winner.

And as has been mentioned it can only be good news seeing some of England's finest turn in some great performances as Terry, Lampard and even Cole did tonight.

Albion first and foremost but if they aren't playing then a match like this can certainly catch my eye and that is exactly what I want to see from a champions league match.

Blinding game. here's to more of the same.

Oh and Man U are out too. MASSIVE SHAME.

Great night

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great stuff.

United completely overshadowed in every sense - they fall out of Europe and hardly anyone notices.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
:wave:

Yes,great game,proving the value of the knockout system.Should be like that from the start.

Slightly worrying watching the teletext from Watford ,though.

Probably couldn't give a toss either way really. When the Russian/Portuguese/Continental European team got the header, I did find myself cheering, but I also would have laughed if Barca had nicked a goal at the end, so mixed emotions here.

Yoda

English & European
I was probably the only person in Worthing Sports centre tonight that cheered when Milan scored, and then again when Chelski did. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here