Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
That sounds brilliant, I think I'll order some. Stupid question but how does it arrive? Does the postman pop it through your letterbox?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I nearly ordered the Fiery Fred and then remembered, I am trying to cut down on unhealthy food and do more exercise!:cry:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Cheese and Thyme Puddings

Nigel Slater’s fuss-free soufflés are perfect for using up any leftover cheese and herbs and are ready in 15 minutes.

Ingredients
a little butter
135g/4¼oz freshly grated parmesan
4 large free-range eggs
300g/10½oz leftover cheese, grated
100ml/3½fl oz double cream
a tablespoon of chopped herbs (thyme, chives or tarragon are good here)
salt and black pepper

Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Lightly butter three shallow ovenproof bowls or ramekins and dust them with a little of the grated parmesan.
Separate the eggs, putting the whites into a bowl big enough to whisk them in.

Mash the leftover cheese into the egg yolks, then stir in the cream, chopped herbs and a seasoning of black pepper and a very little salt.
Whisk the egg whites until they are almost stiff, then fold them firmly but gently into the cheese mixture, using a large metal spoon. Lastly, fold in all but a couple of spoonfuls of the remaining grated parmesan.
Divide the mixture among the three buttered bowls. Scatter over the remaining parmesan, put the dishes onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly risen and creamy inside.
Serve immediately whilst the puddings are still puffed and golden.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love strong cheddar. My wife found 'Fiery Fred's Crazy Cheddar' on sale at Glastonbury and it is the strongest, tastiest, loveliest cheddar I have eaten in my 55 years. It makes Black Bomber taste like Co op Mild. No chillies or anything, just NATURAL DECOMPOSITION.....
I've just ordered my 2nd batch through the post since Glastonbury. It comes inc postage, which may be because it walks here on its own :)
http://www.gouldscheddar.co.uk/products.php

I this what they call it these days :wink:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We came home from a weekend away via Cheddar and went to original cheese shop there.

Phenomenal. About 20 different types of cheese that they just keep giving you tasters of. At no point do they suggest you've had enough.

We ended up bringing home some Cave Matured, Smoked and Port cheddar. The Cave Matured just made your mouth water with tingly goodness.

Yummers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I love strong cheddar. My wife found 'Fiery Fred's Crazy Cheddar' on sale at Glastonbury and it is the strongest, tastiest, loveliest cheddar I have eaten in my 55 years. It makes Black Bomber taste like Co op Mild. No chillies or anything, just NATURAL DECOMPOSITION.....
I've just ordered my 2nd batch through the post since Glastonbury. It comes inc postage, which may be because it walks here on its own :)
http://www.gouldscheddar.co.uk/products.php

Looks great on their website! Apparently available nationwide at Co-ops and M&S. Will have to look out for it.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I wonder what they call it in M&S? I might go the holmbush and have a look.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
lots of french cheeses as everyone knows,my absolute favourite can't really say,peut-être Saint-Marcellin

do you know what though,you can't beat red Leicester with a light covering of mustard on toast

I really do miss red leicester

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My favourites:

Cornish Yarg
Vacherin Mont D'Or
Beaufort (summer milk is better than winter)
Reblechon (try to ensure it's Fermier)
Roquefort
Pecorino
A really ripe Camembert

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A round of Epoisses with a generous dollop of Adur Valley Foods Red Chilli Jelly with a frozen shot glass of frozen Pellegrino Limoncello will take you to heaven

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Here's one you'll be surprised at, Sainsburys sell an aged Red Leicester from their deli counters, it is excellent.

Now that's a recommendation. Cheddar at the Co-op is for cooking only. Mycella blue cheese if you see it anywhere. Somerfield used to sell it.

Cheese008.jpg

I can't find this French cheese anywhere.

I do not live near a Sainsbury, but their cheese I have found to be best. Co-op is rubbish.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here