Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheer Up Stevie Coppell

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Oh, what can it mean, to a sad Palace bastard & a Shit football Team.:tosser:

P-A-L-A-C-E Stevie Coppell's got VD with a nick- nack paddy wack give a dog a bone, Crystal Palace fook off home.:flameboun

Stevie Coppell's illegitimate, he aint got no Birth Certificate, he's got AIDS and can't get rid of them, f*** of Palace bastard.:bounce:

My Eyes have seen the glory, of the coming of the lord, he plays for Brighton & Hove Albion and his name is Peter Ward.:bowdown:

I Saw Terry Venables sitting on a wall, I said to him " what's up my friend" He said the Palace run again.:angel:

Tip toe, through the North Stand with ya' Boots on ,get ya head kicked in, so Tip toe, through the North Stand with me. :thumbsup:

My name is YUM YUM ( Gimme Some).:p

:drink:

Last edited:

f***ing scumbag and my most hated man in football. Please don't mention his name on nsc again.

A man who would not have us one place above the relegation zone in League One (Division Three).

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I've got a list of reasons as long as my arm which starts and ends with the word "Palace."

Don't be stupid. He's the best manager we've had at Brighton in ages. Whether or not he's ex-Palace I can't understand anything more than light-hearted criticism of someone who gave so much to BHA.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If getting us relegated is "giving us so much" then why isn't Micky more popular at the moment?!

:laugh:

You're either joking or just plain stupid. The two situations could not be more different. The fact that we entered the last day of the season with a chance of surviving, considering our position when he arrived, was an amazing achievement.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Well if we go into the last game this season with a chance of survival I will demand you admit that Micky has "given us so much" too:lol:

But you're right, the two situations are very different. Now we have a genuine albion legend in charge who single-handedly turned our club around when it was at its very lowest. He was the man who gave us pride after years of embarrassment. He gave us Michel, he gave us Bobby, he gave us Aidan Newhouse and Chris Wilder. Happy times. Because of these times he should be treated with respect and adulation right now, but sadly he is not.

With Coppout, we were only so low in the table due to the inadequacies of the previous manager. We had players who shouldn't have been anywhere near the bottom of the championship (I mean how can a team containing Bobby go down?). We were no more than a few points from safety with over 30 matches to play. At one point, we got out of the relegation zone and still slipped back in. FAILURE. This is without mentioning the way we BOTTLED the last few games, the way he's managed our greatest rivals FOUR times, or the way he jumped ship at the first opportunity. Had he been a success with us I could have accepted him moving on, but for a Palace man to come in, relegate us, then leave for another club felt like I had been anally violated with a large piece of furniture.

This isn't the right place to argue about this, but I have to respond. For a start, I don't know if you're wilfully missing the point about the situations being different or just don't get it. Micky inherited a team that had previously finished near the top with the mission of getting us promoted. Coppell inherited a team of lower League players, who had lost 10 games on the bounce and who were way adrift of the pack.

If you look at our form under him, I think we would have been comfortable had we had the same points to game ratio from the start of the season. For any manager to keep us in the Championship in that season would have been a real achievement, and sadly until we get Falmer it will always be an achievement - it's no coincedence that out of 3 seasons in the Championship we have just survived in one and been relegated twice. Don't forget that Taylor walked away from the club because he felt the resources offered were not enough to make Brighton competitive in the higher league. Under Hinshelwood he looked to be proven right, the fact that Coppell took the team we had competing was an achievement.

I don't know where you got the idea that the team was good enough for the Championship, I'd argue that the fact that 3 managers (if you include Taylor) couldn't keep us up it wasn't. I agree we had some very good players. I think a lot of people argued that we somewhat over-achieved in the 2nd Champions season, we were not a team that anyone expected to be in the Championship.

Also don't forget that when he did leave for Reading (make your own mind up about that, I don't think Coppell can be blamed for going. I think any manager would have done given the choice, and the fact that it allowed him to be a Premiership manager for 2 seasons is evidence of this), he had us top of League 1 looking real contenders for bouncing sraight back. We've seen in the last 3 seasons just how difficult that can also prove to be.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Stevie Gritt, Stevie Gritt, Stevie, Stevie Gritt, he's got no hair we dont care, Stevie , Stevie Gritt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here