Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Check out the New Golf GTI .. WOW

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Golf punk
Volkswagen has revealed details of a 650bhp mid-engined Golf GTi design study.

Called the GTi W12-650 (you can see what they've done there), it uses a bi-turbo W12 engine producing 553lb ft torque through the rear wheels.

This, according to VW, means 0-62mph in just 3.7secs and a top speed of 184mph.

The engine sits directly behind the front seats on a unique aluminium structure and a heavily modified bodyshell features integrated vents to keep things cool. Look closely and you'll see the rear quarter windows curve into the C-pillars.

Designers said they wanted to keep the shape as close to the character of the original car as possible, so opted to develop a carbon-fibre roof that also acts as a diffuser.

Inside, there are even more mods for pure performance - unnecessary kit is stripped out, and race-inspired details such as flip-up switch guards and a fire extinguisher feature.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Blimey that car must be a chavs dream! No need to add stupid body kits ect as they have already done it. I bet it has a PHAT exhaust!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Speed kills.

Probably not often as bad driving though

BTW that GTI looks grim, tastless and no doubt a ridiculously expensive exercise

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Antikythera Mechanism said:
Chavtastic!:lolol:

Hardly a chav mobile is it, I bet it will cost a fortune ...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It looks like it could suck dead animals off the road

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Really hasn't aged well that car :nono:

I'd still love to have one.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
REDLAND said:
Golf punk
Volkswagen has revealed details of a 650bhp mid-engined Golf GTi design study.

Called the GTi W12-650 (you can see what they've done there), it uses a bi-turbo W12 engine producing 553lb ft torque through the rear wheels.

This, according to VW, means 0-62mph in just 3.7secs and a top speed of 184mph.

The engine sits directly behind the front seats on a unique aluminium structure and a heavily modified bodyshell features integrated vents to keep things cool. Look closely and you'll see the rear quarter windows curve into the C-pillars.

Designers said they wanted to keep the shape as close to the character of the original car as possible, so opted to develop a carbon-fibre roof that also acts as a diffuser.

Brilliant - always pleased to see designers happy to return to a shape of car that works and is a known performer! I've always liked the golf and though will probably never drive this little beastie - I reckon with the exception of the wheels, its a stonker!! I do however hope it still has a little weight to it - keeping all that power down in a straight line in a light car is a complete nightmare for people who know what they are doing - let alone those with loads of money who don't!

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Skint Gull said:
??? How many R5 Turbos have 650BHP?

The original R5 Turbo Maxi had just 160BHP, then with the whole group 4/b rally era they realised they needed more power so they turned the turbo up abit and managed to get it to 400BHP!!, not quite 650BHP but remember this they were only using a 1.4L 4-pot engine!!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Ive had a Fiesta St for the last couple of days while the car i was driving was in the garage, it is such a laugh to drive :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here