Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"Jewell argued the super-competitive environment of the Premier League meant teams were looking for anything which would give them a slight advantage".

Err since when has it been super competitive? You know who will win it, whos gonna go down and who will end up there or thereabouts.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
"Jewell argued the super-competitive environment of the Premier League meant teams were looking for anything which would give them a slight advantage".

Err since when has it been super competitive? You know who will win it, whos gonna go down and who will end up there or thereabouts.

Yeah, and I suppose the rest of the football league isn't competitive- the players in that don't really care if they win or lose :shootself

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"The pubs are now open 24 hours a day and everyone was worried people were going to be drunk on the streets but there are less drunks on the streets now than what there was when they closed at 11 o'clock.

"So just allow it. Stop everyone talking about it. One week you would get away with it, the next you wouldn't. It would stop it in my opinion."

What the f*** is he going on about? I'd say he's been indulging in 24 hour drinking himself.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Nice to see some honesty.

Diving and cheating will never be eradicated from the game because no manager has ever condemned their OWN player for diving and taken any appropriate action to stamp it out within their own club.

Jewell is pointing out a universal truth in football - diving and cheating is awful if the opposition does it, but OK if you do it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:
"The pubs are now open 24 hours a day and everyone was worried people were going to be drunk on the streets but there are less drunks on the streets now than what there was when they closed at 11 o'clock.

"So just allow it. Stop everyone talking about it. One week you would get away with it, the next you wouldn't. It would stop it in my opinion."

What the f*** is he going on about? I'd say he's been indulging in 24 hour drinking himself.

He is Scouse and therefore probably comes from quite a poor background. I would just ignore him, if I were you.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Man of Harveys said:

Makes sense to me. When everyone has the license to dive around and cheat (which they do to a certain extent anyway) those running the game can see what the effect is and finally decide to grow up and self-regulate. The aim would be for a universal condemnation of diving and cheating - something we're a very long way off.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The article makes no bloody sense.

What does Jewell mean by "allow diving"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is he suggesting that the ref gives a free kick every time a player goes down? If not, then what is he suggesting we change about the rules/approach to diving?

I really can't work out what he's gibbering on about.....

Anyone??

Last edited:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
DJ Leon said:
Makes sense to me. When everyone has the license to dive around and cheat (which they do to a certain extent anyway) those running the game can see what the effect is and finally decide to grow up and self-regulate. The aim would be for a universal condemnation of diving and cheating - something we're a very long way off.

Eh? So, you give a free kick every time someone falls over? Yeah, that would work.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Chesney Christ said:
The article makes no bloody sense.

What does Jewell mean by "allow diving"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is he suggesting that the ref gives a free kick every time a player goes down? If not, then what is he suggesting we change about the rules/approach to diving?

I really can't work out what he's gibbering on about.....

Anyone??

I'm firmly with you on this. Someone appears to have hit Jewell with the incoherent nonsense stick.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Chesney Christ said:
Eh? So, you give a free kick every time someone falls over? Yeah, that would work.....

Referees would give free kicks, they would still have to make the same decision they make now - free kick or dive?

He's saying legalise diving, not change the rules so that it's a free kick anytime someone falls over.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
DJ Leon said:
Referees would give free kicks, they would still have to make the same decision they make now - free kick or dive?

He's saying legalise diving, not change the rules so that it's a free kick anytime someone falls over.

But if diving was legalised how would it ever be given as a free kick?!

I'm confused.:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here