Jul 13, 2003

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
:lol:

Strange one though.

Why should they be any different?

Torres has played in Europa - now available for CL.
Suarez has played in CL - now unavailable for Europa.

Bloody UEFA favoring the big clubs isn't it :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair this is the prestige final for UEFA so you would expect prices to reflect that, the womens final at Craven Cottage is excellent value at £5.

I am going to apply for some and I have no doubt the 11,000 tickets available will be over-subscribed.

To be fair this is the prestige final for UEFA so you would expect prices to reflect that

No I'm sorry, I know you probably don't believe that, but tbh this whole 'persona' thing is a bit boring now anyway, that is complete bollocks. The aim of football should not be to profit maximise. Football is a game, designed to entertain people. The way that clubs, FAs and other bodies use it as a vehicle with which to fleece the general public and supporters absolutely sickens me.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
The most annoying part I find is this:

The remaining tickets will be allocated to the European football family, including UEFA, the local organising committee, national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters.

The capacity will be set at 86000 and 50000 will be spilt between the clubs. How many of the 36000 seats remaining will be available in this lottery then and how many will go to the above?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No I'm sorry, I know you probably don't believe that, but tbh this whole 'persona' thing is a bit boring now anyway, that is complete bollocks. The aim of football should not be to profit maximise. Football is a game, designed to entertain people. The way that clubs, FAs and other bodies use it as a vehicle with which to fleece the general public and supporters absolutely sickens me.

Football is a business, get used to it.

Football is a business, get used to it.

And that is the reason that I so despise Sky, the Premiership and all of that bollocks. I don't understand how you can possibly defend the ticket pricing for this game, it is completely and totally outrageous. Do you genuinely think it is okay, or are you just continuing to project this 'quirky persona' of yours?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whilst Crodo is on a wind up he does have a point.

Im stuck in two minds. It is *probably* second to the world cup final in football terms. So is it that expensive? Im not so sure.

The ADMIN fee however IS a f***ing JOKE.

Also I know that I would pay good money to see the Albion in a champs league final.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That is entirely what the system relies on. However, just because the market will sustain that price, doesn't make it right.

FIFA/UEFA either want to make the game accessible to people, or they don't.

Oh I quite agree. The system is completely wrong and stupid statements about accessible to the people doesnt help whilst charging top dollar for a tickert. Clearly that is BULLSHIT.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
My initial reaction was the same as everyone else's (and I'm Against Modern Footba££, blah, blah ....)

BUT - if selling tickets at a more reasonable price would mean them getting hoovered up by touts ('professional' and amateur) and being resold for hundreds, with chancers making the dough, then TBH I'd prefer UEFA to be making the cash by raising the face value.

I'm sure I'd disagree with them about where the money goes, but that's another matter.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Strange one though.

Why should they be any different?

Torres has played in Europa - now available for CL.

Have they definitely registered Torres for the CL then? There's some oddball rule about registering ONE January signing who has already played in the Europa. As such Chelsea can only register EITHER Torres OR Luiz for this season's CL. I guess they will choose Torres as he's the big name, but looking at the relative strengths of the rest of their squad, it may not be the right choice.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Strange one though.

Its because the club he played for are now in the Europa. Had they qualified for the latter stages of the CL, he'd be able to play for Liverpool!

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Blimey. I assume that is not the same for the home fans. Do clubs have to agree on ticket prices and are the gate receipts split?

The home fans had to pay the same, unless they were season ticket holders then they got doscount to about £80.

Aparently its 'the norm' to bump the prices up for big games in Prague

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And that is the reason that I so despise Sky, the Premiership and all of that bollocks. I don't understand how you can possibly defend the ticket pricing for this game, it is completely and totally outrageous. Do you genuinely think it is okay, or are you just continuing to project this 'quirky persona' of yours?

I have no problem with the ticket price, this is a prestige final that will come to London once in a generation, I agree the admin fee is a disgrace, should be no more than 10% of ticket value.

Remember the tickets for the supporters of the two clubs involved will start at £80 nearly half, and as I have said I have no doubt the general allocation will be oversubscribed, probably four or five times over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here