Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cheap locksmith in brighton?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Cheap and Locksmith is not possible in the same sentence!!

Try Thomas in Portland rd.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
update- final cost only £47 (£40+VAT)- after a bit of fiddling with a bendy sort of crowbar thing through the letterbox, we is in!
so a big up to Haines security, St James Street -
t 01273 697799

other quotes i had were from £55+VAT (£65ish) and up..

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
update- final cost only £47 (£40+VAT)- after a bit of fiddling with a bendy sort of crowbar thing through the letterbox, we is in!
so a big up to Haines security, St James Street -
t 01273 697799

other quotes i had were from £55+VAT (£65ish) and up..

I am a Locksmith and take my word for it, that is a good price.

Anything from £65 - £90 is what you might have to expect to pay for replacing a Rim cylinder. You have to beware though, 70% of the Locksmith ads in the Yellow Pages are call centre locksmith firms based in places like Birmingham, Reading, Manchester and Poole ( and they buy local STD code numbers ie 01273 and then fed through to their call centre to then sub out the jobs to local Locksmiths like myself ) Their prices would start at about £85 upwards !!!! Although I have my on Locksmith business, I regularly do jobs for the Birmingham based firm ( as a sub contractor ) where it takes me two seconds to open a door and the customers bill is £150 !!! ( I get 35% less tax and they take 65% just to answer the phone !!!! ) Can't understand why those people do not phone around .

Oh and that crow bar thing you refer to is a letter box tool kit ( manipulates all types of rim locks )

I'd have charged approx £ 60 - 70 myself which would have included a new lock ( if needed ) or £50 and no VAT

Last edited:

I am a Locksmith and take my word for it, that is a good price.

Anything from £65 - £90 is what you might have to expect to pay for replacing a Rim cylinder. You have to beware though, 70% of the Locksmith ads in the Yellow Pages are call centre locksmith firms based in places like Birmingham, Reading, Manchester and Poole ( and they buy local STD code numbers ie 01273 and then fed through to their call centre to then sub out the jobs to local Locksmiths like myself ) Their prices would start at about £85 upwards !!!! Although I have my on Locksmith business, I regularly do jobs for the Birmingham based firm ( as a sub contractor ) where it takes me two seconds to open a door and the customers bill is £150 !!! ( I get 35% less tax and they take 65% just to answer the phone !!!! ) Can't understand why those people do not phone around .

Oh and that crow bar thing you refer to is a letter box tool kit ( manipulates all types of rim locks )

I'd have charged approx £ 60 - 70 myself which would have included a new lock ( if needed ) or £50 and no VAT

That's an eye-opening insight into your industry, DD. Would the letter box tool kit be capable of opening a deadlock if the key was left in (eg overnight)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here