Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chav Alert

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Common as Mook said:
a) I am not your mate.
b) People print these t-shirts because they capitalise on the snobbery and general wankyness of ***** like you.
c) It's the way you wear the clothes/baseball caps that makes you trendy, not just the label.

Stuck up cretin.

If Von Dutch is so trendy why in crawley high street are all the chav single mums wearing von dutch t-shirts with their adidas tracksuit bottoms and gold hoop earings.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you have any form of brand affiliation, you must accept that you will be associated with that group.

Chavs like it, you like it. Hence you must accept that and be willing to put up with a slagging.

(I'm saying this from the point of view of someone who buys DC and only DC shoes, which are associated with skateboarding, which I don't do)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This is all bad news as I do enjoy seeing non-old people wearing that Burberry pattern as it makes me laugh. The Burberry check is so tacky it is untrue and I would not be seen dead in it.

Now, Aquascutum is a different story as it is class. I only hope that all the Chavs no do not start buying Aquascutum instead and degrade the label.

As for the Von Dutch debate, I have only ever seen this worn by Chavs and Black girls.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Katowice BHA

Last edited:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
So would I be counted as a Chav as I bought some Lacoste Jeans and Jacket in the US for like half the price of the UK?

Mind you, this would go with my four other Lacoste shirts (purchased in Spain in the last 3 years) which I wouldn't wear with the jeans or jacket.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sorry, I don't understand this thread. Think I'll get a coffee and settle back to be educated, though.

Please, people, why is it important to wear a "label".? Personally, I just buy T shirts and jeans and wear cheap trainers!

It doesn't matter how you dress, it's how you are as a person that matters, surely?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
stopped making them.......E-Bay money making alert.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
disgruntled h blocker said:
So would I be counted as a Chav as I bought some Lacoste Jeans and Jacket in the US for like half the price of the UK?
Not necessarily.
But inserting a superflous "like" in your sentences, as you have done here, is quite Chavvy. I take on board you've been to the US, but you really should leave those additional "likes" to the yank mall-rats you see in April Lavigne videos.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
sully said:
I'm sorry, I don't understand this thread. Think I'll get a coffee and settle back to be educated, though.

Please, people, why is it important to wear a "label".? Personally, I just buy T shirts and jeans and wear cheap trainers!

It doesn't matter how you dress, it's how you are as a person that matters, surely?

The usual reasons are all about "coolness".

I buy one brand of shoes, and only that one brand, because they're *incredibly* comfortable, and actually fit me properly enough (weird shaped feet). But its not because they're "cool" or anything.

Other than that I dress like its 2000 still, usually :)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
MYOB said:
Other than that I dress like its 2000 still, usually :)

That's very modern!

I think I'm still about 20 years behind you!

As you say, I wear what's comfortable, not what's the latest "cool" fashion.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Common as Mook you will have to post a picture of yourself dressed in your Trendy Von Dutch (snigger) and we will give you an honest opinion without laughing.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
sullyupthewing said:
Common as Mook you will have to post a picture of yourself dressed in your Trendy Von Dutch (snigger) and we will give you an honest opinion without laughing.

You may be suprised, but i don't actually own one. I like them, yes. If I could afford one I would definitely buy one. My point is that I hate snobbery.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
sullyupthewing said:

You may be suprised, but i don't actually own one. I like them, yes. If I could afford one I would definitely buy one. My point is that I hate snobbery.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
If Von Dutch is the new Burberry in Chav World, Crazy Cornish Gal will be very upset as she recently forked out for a top in New York with the Von Dutch logo in big letters on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here