Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charts, Woolworths etc/media so far

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Has anybody sent Danny Baker a copy? Or alerted him to Donkey Derby?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Charlton Live website

Click on Jan 9th, about 30mins 50secs through. 6 mins worth on there. Very supportive.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Everest said:
Charlton Live website

Click on Jan 9th, about 30mins 50secs through. 6 mins worth on there. Very supportive.

Fabulous support from Charlton:clap: :clap: :clap:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
"an alleged Heilsbringer named Bill Archer"

"nevertheless found not only a suitable leotard sponsor"

"a nearly fairy taleful victory series down, which led it from third into the first division, the class directly underneath the Prime Minister League"

""if they no new stadium gotten, will fight them each year for their life", say Danny Wilson, manager of Bristol town center"

Magnificent translation! That made me laugh for ages.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I have absolutely pissed myself reading that - I've seen a few of those before, but that one was absolutely priceless and should definitely be NSC Gold!

Worth saying a bit about the Germans' effort for Tom Hark. My mates at St.Pauli (if you are ever in Hamburg and like the idea of loads of beer on a proper terrace in the middle of about 6000 anti fascist punks and skinheads you will love it!) ordered 20 copies for the club shop and plastered it all over their message boards. Sportfreunde Siegen had at least another 10 copies (Jorg, one of their fans' organisers, has come to about 5 Albion games with me and was at Cardiff) Jorg and Gerd from St Pauli got it on about 8 national football message boards and some of the others who came to Fans United spread it around their club boards too. I reckon they shifted 100 or so at least over there. And the response to the record has been fantastic. The St Pauli ska skins LOVE Sussex By The Sea!

Elsewhere outside the UK:
From my mailing list there have been at least 10 orders from the US (mostly ska fans who are going to play it/get it played on their community radio and at their parties/gigs) a regional DJ from Melbourne is desperatly waiting for Amazon to deliver so he can play it on his show and I've had emails from people who've ordered from Holland, Italy, the Basque Country and Austria. That's just the ones I know about.

All in all, with Wrexham, AFC Wimbledon (who've been great!) the Germans, the Otway fans and my mailing list I reckon somewhere between 500 and 1000 copies have been sold to people outside our fan base.....And a big thanks to every one of them, from all of us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
attila said:

All in all, with Wrexham, AFC Wimbledon (who've been great!) the Germans, the Otway fans and my mailing list I reckon somewhere between 500 and 1000 copies have been sold to people outside our fan base.....And a big thanks to every one of them, from all of us.

...which means that an awful lot of our fans should be shame-faced for not buying at least one copy each.

Still, not going to go off on one about it-the fact that those of us who did buy it have created a lot of empty #17 racks around the country:lolol:
Priceless:lolol: A bunch of football supporters outsmarted the mega-rich record industry (with a little help from within their ranks):clap2: You couldn't make it up.....and the planning and timing was precision itself. I'm still smiling about it all-can't imagine how the guys who put it together must still be feeling!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just got back in from a very wet Guildford town centre.

Copies of Tom Hark are available in HMV in the Friary at the correct number 17 position. So those Guildford based Seagulls fans (or fans of other clubs for that matter) who don't yet have a copy get yourselves down there quickly!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
none here in kingston! so i ordered another few off the hmv site! :clap2: cant wait to get it! had the tune in my head for days and days :clap2:

id love them to play it when we score at the withdean...

WE WANT FALMER

WE NEED FALMER :clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton_b0y said:

id love them to play it when we score at the withdean...

WE Don't do songs when we score We leave that to other clubs;)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's in Southamptons HMV.

It's been played on Southampton Institute Radio :jester:

I heard it as part of a news item on one of the local radio stations. Had an Oatway interview. Imagine its the equivalent of Southern FM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here