seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Not as good as Coronation St

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watching it until Eastenders and I'm a celebrity. Makes me a little sad for the league one days!! Great last visit to Charlton.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As others on here have said, this so called run was a nonsense after their play-off final defeat to Peterborough. Had they gone on to beat Arsenal's record...well, that would have been plain wrong. Fair play to them though for their consistency. They should be there or thereabouts come May.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not the Peterborough thing that winds me up, it's the fact that the Forest "record" that they supposedly beat was NOT a record. The Forest run was achieved in the top flight, whatever it happened to be called at the time, and Arsenal beat that a few seasons ago by going 49 games unbeaten.

Beat 49 games, and you have the record.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Huddersfield are draw merchants. 43 games unbeaten, but never in the top 2 in the division? I've never been overly impressed by Huddersfield's football. Very well set up and they have players who can cause damage, but they're nothing special I don't think. The money that has been invested into that team means they should at the very least be in the top 2.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's not the Peterborough thing that winds me up, it's the fact that the Forest "record" that they supposedly beat was NOT a record. The Forest run was achieved in the top flight, whatever it happened to be called at the time, and Arsenal beat that a few seasons ago by going 49 games unbeaten.

Beat 49 games, and you have the record.

This! Well said. Arsenal have the real record. Hudds can have the fake one if they want but everyone in the world of football knows it's a load of crap. Also Peterborough smashed them!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This! Well said. Arsenal have the real record. Hudds can have the fake one if they want but everyone in the world of football knows it's a load of crap. Also Peterborough smashed them!

SkySports re-wrote football history into pre 1992 and post 1992 to suit their agenda. That's the way we live now, in a world where Liverpool have never won the title, and Les Ferdinand is one of the greatest strikers of all time by virtue of his Premier League goals record (whereas Dixie Dean or Jimmy Greaves or Brian Clough, with far superior records, are written out because their goals were scored before the advent of the PL).

Which makes it all the more odd that anyone would want to claim Huddersfield had beaten a record. If you're going to claim it, you'd need a bloody big plaque to inscribe "HTAFC: Longest Unbeaten Run Of Any Team In The Football League Between 1888 and 1992 but Not After 1992 Because Someone Else Went Unbeaten Longer Once They Changed The Name".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Fuckin hell here you go again....we're you there at old Trafford? Smashed em?

Keep going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here