Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton - rail tickets

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Groupsave can be bought on the day. To get Southern to London Bridge you'll need to change at East Croydon

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thats what i was told at lancing station,got 4 adults,2 kids on southerndaysave,she said change at h.h,for lb

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
DaySave and GroupSave are different things.
DaySave is a Southern only thing whereas GroupSave can be used on all the trains you listed above.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
DaySave and GroupSave are different things.
DaySave is a Southern only thing whereas GroupSave can be used on all the trains you listed above.

Right. But getting a Group Save ticket from brighton to london bridge on FCC is just as cheap as southerns DaySave ticket, and easier?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Right. But getting a Group Save ticket from brighton to london bridge on FCC is just as cheap as southerns DaySave ticket, and easier?

The daysave way:

Southern Daysave for 4 of us £20 . Topped up wait south eastern groupsave London Bridge to Charlton 4 for 2 £10.60 works out to £ 7.65 each. bargain. :)

is cheaper

The south eastern bit is just a group save that you can buy from any station on the day.

Days Out Guide - GroupSave Train Tickets

The other bit you can buy from one stop travel in the Old Steine.

Not sure if you can get all the way to London Bridge on Southern trains though.

I'm doing Brighton-Charlton return £11.45 with the Groupsave4

but more hassle getting the ticket in advance and being restricted to certain trains.
Not worth it to save £3.80 IMHO.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
2 adults and 3 kids from bognor to LB, changing at three bridges for £21 return, group save + 1 child.
sort out tickets for LB to charlton on the day. whatevers cheaper 4 for 2 or family railcard dicount.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
First Capital Connect saver.
Buy it from the bus driver on your first journey, and entitles you to an all day bus saver, and a return journey on any First Capital connect.
£7.50 with a BusID, may as well use it for the last couple of months I have it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so i was told wrong at lancing station?,i got told to change at h.h for london bridge to use the 4 4 20 quid

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
so i was told wrong at lancing station?,i got told to change at h.h for london bridge to use the 4 4 20 quid

Thats what I was led to believe as well but the change at HH puts you on a Capital Connect and not a Southern service to LB. Does it mean you have to travel from Brighton maybe on Southen to LB.
I`m going to have to check this one out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Three bridges is fine, but if coming from the coast line [Worthing, Lancing etc] then East Croydon is alot easier

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so your saying with the 4 for 20 southern daysave,you have to change at east croy,to get to london bridge?,from lancing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm no train timetable geek, but I am pretty sure that is your only option, as no trains from Lancing stop at Three Bridges on a Saturday during the day and getting on a FCC train at Haywards Heath would give you problems if tickets checked (i.e not valid)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here