Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton or Peterborough away

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Peterborough, easy. I said to my old man at Charlton, I still think theres more to come from us and I wasn't wrong. At Peterborough we were simply a different class to anything I have seen from us in 25 years of watching the Albion. Brilliant brilliant performance from the Albion.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Peterborough

In over 50 years I have seen better individual players, better specific moves and skills, but this was the best TEAM performance. I must have smiled more during that one game than during the past few seasons, even laughing (due to the incredible build-up play) when another of our shots went the wrong side of the post in the second half. The players and fans seemed to be as one that day.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm getting goosebumps just trying to decide, as I always talk and think about those two matches as a pair. But, on reflection, I'm with the majority - Peterborough. We were untouchable that day, for nearly the whole 90. And had been when they still had 11 players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember thinking at Peterborough that there was no way I'd seen a more complete performance from the Albion and wondering if it was going to be the highlight of the season. I really couldn't see us topping that day and I don't believe we have. Charlton was in the balance until after half time, Peterborough were blown away from the kick off.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Peterborough was by far the best performance, ok they had a player sent off but we were the better side up to that point!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Didn't go to Charlton, but Peterborough was the best performance I have ever seen from an Albion side in 20 years of supporting them. We really were f***ing brilliant that day. I cant remember another game like it. Could have been 10-0.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
i came away from the charlton game thinking, we were incredible, absolutely ripped them apart, thats the best ive seen brighton in years. then went to peterborough and came away thinking, thats the best ive seen brighton ever. the atmosphere that day was incredible too, i love terraces. i dont think ill ever forget that game.

Same as. After the Charlton game I thought it'd be a long time before I saw a performance to better that. It wasn't.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
In any case back to the original question. Peterborough away. Against Charlton they did have a few moments up front I can remember and also I was thinking at half time, next goal was critical, but at Peterborough we just completely out played them in every department. Even though it was "only" 3, it really could have been 6+. At half time we were 2-0 up and I was thinking not about Posh getting back into the game but how many were we going to thump them by.

Suprised you can remember much about either game after the amount of booze you had drank ! :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Suprised you can remember much about either game after the amount of booze you had drank ! :lolol:

Says the bloke with that avator :lol: I heard Peterboro had to get a special booze delievery on the Sunday after your lot had been there

hoods

Apr 30, 2010
Hi posh fan here. your teams performance that day was on par with most championship teams we played last season. you lot must be loving it this season. good luck in the champ next season :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here